Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Opt out of the hivemind.
Sometimes you just don't feel like helping your killer, or want to fart on the AI. It'd be nice to have a ghost verb while in the hivemind so that the host doesn't need to do it for you.
If you don't want to help your killer, you can always just suggest bad decisions.
This would be nice. I don't personally mind hanging out in hive mind chat, but this option would eliminate petulant nerds demanding to be released from the hive in the worst ways.
On top of that, get rid of the suicide lock when being absorbed. Unlike vampires, lings don't get reduced points if their target suicides, and suiciding lets you keep your name in the afterlife.

It sucks that there's no way out of being in the hivemind after you're in, and it sucks that the game forces you to be in it before you're even dead.
Just spent an hour an' 15 minutes with a ling who went 'afk' 60% of that time.

We need an opt out.
I've seen lings who flat out refuse/ignore requests to kick people out of the hivemind for the sole purpose of aggravating their victims. Being eaten by a ling is now potentially even less fun than before especially if they are generally unresponsive and dont utilize the hivemind throughout the shift.
Agreed sometimes I rather chill in deadchat. Give us a way out please.

(01-06-2017, 01:19 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: On top of that, get rid of the suicide lock when being absorbed. Unlike vampires, lings don't get reduced points if their target suicides, and suiciding lets you keep your name in the afterlife.

Also do this please.
I think the idea behind the suicide lock is that there are a variety of items/surroundings that end up gibbing/erasing your body. The original implementation was due to everyone rushing for the owl mask upon hearing of a ling so that if they ever got absorbed, they could hootgib and deny the ling their DNA points as a final fuck you.

Definitely agree with being able to leave the hive mind though, it was a major part of the original proposal and I always wondered why it was never implemented.
Some admins were surprised when told there was no way to leave short of being kicked out when hivemind was originally added, so perhaps it was planned but someone forgot to add it?
Yeah I'm sure back when this was pitched being able to leave the hivemind was part of it. When it finally happened to me I was really confused that there was no leave option.
Bumping this thread.
I'm assuming this is still a thing?

Giving the option to hang out in the ling (with your own name) and possibly help them wreak havoc is neat! That's enough to make the feature relevant.

Chaining 8 people to an asshole for an hour just makes those people not wanna play for a while. While we can get all edgy with the 'live on salt' stuff, it just ain't good for the server if 8 people drop out for a day.
I don't how i feel about this, I usually have lots of fun helping the ling be a better ling though having the option to leave the hivemind if you set DNR would be nice.
we hear this and we are looking into letting you leave based on the changeling dude's inactivity, so if they are afk you can leave and stuff
(02-27-2017, 11:22 PM)zewaka Wrote: we hear this and we are looking into letting you leave based on the changeling dude's inactivity, so if they are afk you can leave and stuff

Why can't we leave if we want to? Why restrict it to only AFK changelings?