Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Require a minimum quantity of thermite (1u? 5u?) to break down a wall
As things stand, thermite in ANY quantity can break down a wall.  I have on numerous occasions taken a beaker of water out of a water tank, dumped it on the floor, added a beaker of thermite+phlogiston, and had an Endless Supply Of Thermite on tap.  It also means you can top your thermite beaker up with anything (water from a water cooler, weld fuel, whatever) and so long as you never use it entirely up,  you can rejuvenate your master key.

I propose raising the threshold here from "any thermite" to "1-5 units of thermite" so that endless dilution becomes impossible.  I would even be happy with 1 unit and would be unhappy if the amount were much greater than 5.
I don't see any downsides to this. You can still mass produce both chems very easily, and you could dilute it to spread it even further. Shouldn't be any greater than 3u, though, to prevent the screaming chorus of hellfoamers.

Honestly I don't think it will affect things much either way, so it's a non-issue for me.
Yeah so long as it can still be smoked and foamed, being able to top it off literally infinitely and tear down the whole station with one beaker is what we are avoiding here after all.
Yeah thermite is super robust at melting shit
Upping its melt limit (words) would balance this significantly