Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easier metal/glass sheet/rod/floor tile/etc stacking
When making metal sheets etc. in a fabricator, it currently creates individual sheets. To stack these at the moment requires manually adding each one to a stack (to a limit of 50).

Material sheets, rods, floor tiles, and probably a few other things could massively benefit from being able to be stacked in the same way as ores (i.e. drag one to an adjacent tile to form a stack).

Rods/floor tiles probably aren't as important, as they're created in bulk from metal sheets and so tend to be in stacks already, but I see no harm in doing this as well. Note that this shouldn't allow different types of materials to be combined into one stack.
Currently, you can pick up a metal sheet, steel rod, glass sheet, or floor tile and then click/drag another corresponding sheet to the in-hand sprite. This will prompt a little message: Stan Beezlebub begins stacking the whatever sheets.

Also, a little exploit for you... try clicking a stack of reinforced metal sheets with a non-reinforced metal sheet and vice versa (same with glass). It converts the entire stack to whatever version you had in hand. I should probably have reported this bug months ago but it saves so much time.
(01-05-2017, 11:19 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Currently, you can pick up a metal sheet, steel rod, glass sheet, or floor tile and then click/drag another corresponding sheet to the in-hand sprite. This will prompt a little message: Stan Beezlebub begins stacking the whatever sheets.

Also, a little exploit for you... try clicking a stack of reinforced metal sheets with a non-reinforced metal sheet and vice versa (same with glass). It converts the entire stack to whatever version you had in hand. I should probably have reported this bug months ago but it saves so much time.

Well, kind of makes this moot.

Either way, consistent behaviour between stackable things is probably still a good idea.