Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Grayshift - Disaster Round
Admin name: Grayshift
Server: LLJK2
Date/Time: January 4th 2016 - 330PM EST

Synopsis: Spawned the adminbus during a disaster round that looked to be having a good amount of survivors. Nobody made it out of escape after Grayshift ran down all the walls venting the place, freezing us and letting us either die because we could not juke the mobs or scooping us into the bus and parking while we were in crit.

Disaster rounds are rare enough, rare enough more so when we have the cooperation to survive as we were. An admin taking it upon themselves to just cancel out all the effort put in by the playerbase is fairly awful.

I get it's a silly achievement and skin but there was no reason for this to be done. I'm no saint, far from it and I fully understand that but this was terrible.
To just add, three people survived, you were exaggerating by saing "no one", and I didn't see much "cooperation" myself, but maybe that was just me
The survivors were not aboard the shuttle as it were. End round stats stated they were "Somewhere".

There was a fair bit of healing, dragging, batonning of the batonable monsters, APC flicking, etc going on in escape, it was chaotic for sure but manageable without the need for an adminbus. I was handing out e-guns, charging them when I could.

I guess we'll never know.
(01-04-2017, 03:50 PM)JoyJoy96 Wrote: The survivors were not aboard the shuttle as it were. End round stats stated they were "Somewhere".

There was a fair bit of healing, dragging, batonning of the batonable monsters, APC flicking, etc going on in escape, it was chaotic for sure but manageable without the need for an adminbus. I was handing out e-guns, charging them when I could.

I guess we'll never know.

All three survivors where on the ship. The drone was running around, one guy was in crit on the floor, and the other was in the miniputt. Although the detection of where they were was busted, they were on the shuttle
(01-04-2017, 03:50 PM)JoyJoy96 Wrote: The survivors were not aboard the shuttle as it were. End round stats stated they were "Somewhere".

I think the thing is broken when it comes to shuttle detection, so it showed the wrong message. I wasn't present, however, I was following the happening via IRC, but I do know the achievement is probably broken.

I don't really think a single round of Grayshift deciding to do something like this really is "terrible" and "awful". If there was a precedent of several rounds being fucked over, or every disaster round being ruined for that matter, sure, but a single one doesn't seem to be THAT bad. This is however just my opinion.
I spawned in the adminbus to give the first disaster round I'd seen in a while a little extra oomph.

Beyond throwing people around, the adminbus does no damage to players. It does hurt certain mobs - I killed quite a number of drones while barreling around.

While the bus is an agent of chaos, I mostly spent the round scooping up people who were being shock-stunlocked or in crit and depositing them in escape.

The lights were out so I did plow through a lot of walls. The part about depressurizing some areas is accurate.

That's my account of the situation. Mostly I tried to terrorize the living and assist the dying. I'm sorry this ruined the round for you.

I did set the next round to disaster and stayed hands off in case anyone else felt they had been deprived of a proper experience.
(01-04-2017, 05:25 PM)Darkchis Wrote:

I think the thing is broken when it comes to shuttle detection, so it showed the wrong message. I wasn't present, however, I was following the happening via IRC, but I do know the achievement is probably broken.

I don't really think a single round of Grayshift deciding to do something like this really is "terrible" and "awful". If there was a precedent of several rounds being fucked over, or every disaster round being ruined for that matter, sure, but a single one doesn't seem to be THAT bad. This is however just my opinion.

Sadly yes, next round found out that it is indeed broken now, shame but that adds a bit of weight to me using words like "terrible" and "awful" here, while I get they're fairly strong disaster rounds during daytime hours at least from what I've seen are of such rarity that some consideration should have been given before admin shenanigans took place. I'm fully respecting what you're saying Darkchis but Grayshift themselves in this very posts goes on to say "I spawned the adminbus to give the first diaster round I'd seen in a while.."

It's the first one I had seen in maybe two months? 

(01-04-2017, 05:55 PM)Grayshift Wrote: I spawned in the adminbus to give the first disaster round I'd seen in a while a little extra oomph.

Beyond throwing people around, the adminbus does no damage to players. It does hurt certain mobs - I killed quite a number of drones while barreling around.

While the bus is an agent of chaos, I mostly spent the round scooping up people who were being shock-stunlocked or in crit and depositing them in escape.

The lights were out so I did plow through a lot of walls. The part about depressurizing some areas is accurate.

That's my account of the situation. Mostly I tried to terrorize the living and assist the dying. I'm sorry this ruined the round for you.

I did set the next round to disaster and stayed hands off in case anyone else felt they had been deprived of a proper experience.

I do not have a screenshot of escape but this wasn't just one or two holes in the wall Grayshift. You spawned the bus sure but was it possible this fella was driving?

[Image: dba2ca86d2.jpg]
"Next stop, Botany.... I think"

Your account of your heroic bus actions is also out to lunch as well Grayshift... I won't speak of anyone elses interaction with the bus but for me it went down like this, a little ghost drone tooted its way across space luring some of those floating shocky-orb-things to Escape, Krampus decided to make a special guest appearance. There was a game of rope-a-dope where I tried to bob n' weave the electrofiends while being frozen into a Fartsicle. Seeing that I was in crit the shocky things flew away to bother Krampus instead, I made it to the coffee machine to down some speed boosting coffee so I could make the dash to the escape lobby beside mechanics and grab the live saving donk pockets.. this is when you hit me for the second or third time with the Macmuffin-Mobile only this time you put me inside and ran straight into a table. There we decided to park for however long it took for me to fart the fireworks out of my butt signifying my death. You weren't helpful at all and there's no color in the clowns rainbow paint can to paint a picture where you were.

I've said my piece. I think it was a bad judgement call on your part. I'm held accountable for mine as both you and Darkchis can vouch having personally had to grump at me. I'm not trying to shit on you as a person or as an admin Grayshift and I imagine you read both deadchat and post round OOC and know that I wasn't the only one who caught a case of salted bunghole about this so that's why I made this thread, to voice a complaint. 

If we can't agree it was a dumb move then let's agree to disagree and bury it.