Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Brig and the Floor Flusher
Is utterly a death trap because I often see or get security that always shoves people inside it and forget about them or use it as a gas chamber. It is not fun when you are executed from a petty thieving issue.

Add a floor flusher please.
I'm going to chip in a counter-argument here. I like security as it is, it adds another level of officer-prisoner interaction, and after all isn't player interaction the foundation of this game? Adding a timer encourages officers to just set the timer and forget about them, which is boring. The current systems also discourages offices against arresting for petty crime because EFFORT. Don't change the brig frown
Katznelson Wrote:Is utterly a death trap because I often see or get security that always shoves people inside it and forget about them or use it as a gas chamber. It is not fun when you are executed from a petty thieving issue.

yeah too bad there is no way to contact admins about awful security and stop them. Seriously though I don't think its that much of a problem.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:
Katznelson Wrote:Is utterly a death trap because I often see or get security that always shoves people inside it and forget about them or use it as a gas chamber. It is not fun when you are executed from a petty thieving issue.

yeah too bad there is no way to contact admins about awful security and stop them. Seriously though I don't think its that much of a problem.
Your sarcasm bites, but your point is fair.
The current brig set up is terrible because if you leave prisoners with their gear they will just break out and you can't stop them.
If you take their stuff it can get stolen which is just shitty.
The current brig set up is also impossible to use solo if you need to stop prisoners from killing each other.
Maybe if the main cell had a couple of rooms to the side where you could release prisoners safely...
I haven't rolled sec in a while, but isn't there a confiscated goods locker you can shove their tools and crap in? Besides, if you're worried about them breaking out, just take their gloves away so they get zapped. Even better, take their fire extinguisher and tools so they have to sit there smacking the glass with their radio, only to get zapped when they hit the grille.

By the way, sec officers who take your radio are complete shit and I condone any actions taken against them.
david2222121 Wrote:I haven't rolled sec in a while, but isn't there a confiscated goods locker you can shove their tools and crap in? Besides, if you're worried about them breaking out, just take their gloves away so they get zapped. Even better, take their fire extinguisher and tools so they have to sit there smacking the glass with their radio, only to get zapped when they hit the grille.

By the way, sec officers who take your radio are complete shit and I condone any actions taken against them.
Only the HoS has access to the lockable Confiscated Goods Locker

Also, there needs to be some context to the radio bit there. If you're being a dick and screaming "RAPE" or "SHITCURITY" and spamming or whatever, you lose your radio privileges. Don't be shitty, and if they still take your radio they're the shitty ones.
If someone is yelling "RAPE" for getting arrested just throw them out the nearest airlock or beat them to death in the nearest maint corridor. It's a public service.
My only problem with the brig at the moment is if you see someone throwing another inmate at the glass to break out there is very little you can do about it. I'm perfectly fine about people breaking out that way, I just wish they'd be more subtle about it instead of immediately doing it the second I throw them in.
Yeah, I'm going to have to side against the new brig layout.
I like the concept, I like how prisoners can chill out and use the glasses to play games, and the fact that you can interact with other prisoners in there, but here's the underlying problem;
People can be bad.
Security can be bad. Civilians can be bad. The brig is like a complete hot point for all this shittery, and the new brig set-up ain't helping at all.
Let me give you an example of how the brig actually prevents security from doing their job correctly.
Right, picture me as the hos. I just got a perp, he's been acting rather shit. I strip him of all his stuff and shove him in jail. I take his stuff and put it in confiscated goods. I leave because I have other important stuff to do, like the traitor killing that dude in disposals. I come back, the prisoner has broken out. I'm pissed because he's running around the place. He's pissed because he's spent far too long in the brig, and he's just wasted his round.
Do you see where I'm going in with this? The new set-up is crippling.
The main problem isn't people being shit because people are shit, it's people being shit because nobody came back to let them out of the brig. I shouldn't have to uncuff myself and scream down the intercoms and radios to be released, nor should Sec officers have to go through the shittery of trying to get someone OUT of the brig. They uncuff themselves and essentially always fight, so unless you're willing to start throwing flashbangs, you're guarenteed a battle whenever you release someone.

Maybe a portal on a timer? Maybe a flusher? What about a portal-collar that disconnects itself when it warps you, leaving it in the brig and allowing people to leave unharmed?

I don't know, it's lending itself not to shit play but to shit scenarios instead.
the brig layout makes playing sec even less fun than it used to be, which was hard to believe was possible
didn't the old brig like have lockers inside the cells that unlocked when their time was up

and you could put their stuff in there

that was really handy and hassle free I don't know why it was changed to how it now is
I'm with Oddball on this. The new brig is good. It doesn't handle releasing automatically, so you have to actually care about jailing somebody.

There is a ton of other more entertaining ways to punish bad players.
And when you really feel like jailing someone, the time it takes you to recharge your taser, and a little bit of prison trash talk, and the sentence is over.

You don't have to be all business all the time. The best I saw was some Hos (I forget who) sentencing someone to "the time it takes for some guy to break you out".

It feels like quite a few people -some Hos too, you know who you are- feel that security must be played straight and fair all the time. It's a game, like every other job. You don't need to care about every bad act you see.
Leave some shithead to street justice, if you want to run after traitors; or just play the hardass warden, but do it for fun, not because your role is "to make the station run smooth".

This post here is the best summary of how to play security right:
http://archives.somethingawful.com/show ... t404813750
MEOW POW Wrote:didn't the old brig like have lockers inside the cells that unlocked when their time was up

and you could put their stuff in there

that was really handy and hassle free I don't know why it was changed to how it now is

it did, and it was cool and convenient for those security officers that bothered to use it properly.

the new and old brig are both decent, but no brig can make up for newbie sec officers that don't know what they're doing.

As a side note, that disposal chute in the current brig needs to be re coloured or something. I still run into sec officers trying to manually push prisoners through the holding cell's double door lock. It was hilarious at first, but it becomes less funny after half a dozen times.