Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial Tank Transfer Valves survive their own bombs
I placed at Tank Transfer Valve Bomb (Remote Signalling type) inside a crate and set it off. When I inspected the damage, the TTV, with Remote Signal attached as well as the plasma tank survived the Explosion. The O2 tank I used was properly gone.

=========
I could find any bug-reports on the subject of TTV, Tank Transfer, Transfer Valve but I didn't check to thoroughly. I am pretty sure that it is a bug and not by design.
Thing generally seem to survive bombs if they are inside something else with the bomb from what I Know, Source: Got PDA Bombed in a trash can as captain, took no damage, can was gone.
(01-02-2017, 01:24 PM)TheĀ GrimĀ Sleeper Wrote: I placed at Tank Transfer Valve Bomb (Remote Signalling type) inside a crate and set it off. When I inspected the damage, the TTV, with Remote Signal attached as well as the plasma tank survived the Explosion. The O2 tank I used was properly gone.

=========
I could find any bug-reports on the subject of TTV, Tank Transfer, Transfer Valve but I didn't check to thoroughly. I am pretty sure that it is a bug and not by design.

This isn't actually a bug so much as a weird thing with how containers work. It survived because you put it in a crate. Technically, if the explosion doesn't destroy the TTV itself, it'll break whatever tank shattered in the gas reaction but not the whole mechanism. So it leaves behind the other tank and the valve. Containers like crates, closets, ice cubes, chutes and so on will be destroyed before their contents, and their contents can be left unharmed if the explosion isn't beefy enough. (Can bombs, chaos dunks, etc. can gib people even when they hide in sleepers, but tank bombs might not.)

Additionally, explosion code doesn't have a way to smartly handle the explosion happening inside of a container, so it'll happen outside of whatever the explosive is being used. This is how some nerds blow up the station from inside a pod with a crate full of TTV bombs.