Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor DWAINE scripts freeze terminal
When I try using a standard teleman script along the following lines:

echo #!|nif argc 3 ne | echo Oops. | break|nteleman coords $arg0 $arg1 $arg2|nteleman scan ^sc

The expected output would be an "OK" from the coords command and whatever the output of scan would be.
Instead, I get "OK", "OK" and then the terminal hangs until I restart it and log in again.

This seems to happen for any script using commands that would return output? I've had artifact research scripts break like this before as well.
I've experienced similar problems. If I run a send/receive script, I get "OK", "OK", and it actually does send/receive, but then the terminal has a chance of freezing, and then I have to restart (which is quite annoying). When I run a scan script, I do get the results, but then the same thing happens (ie. it might freeze).

edit: I've never noticed it until now, but apparently terminals can also sometimes freeze even when you're just using the standard guardbuddy scripts... D:
Adding this here, as it seems to be the same problem.
Original posted here: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7889

(01-06-2017, 08:20 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote: I like using TermOS scripts to make shorthand scripts for many gptio functions.

Atm many gptio functions seem to fail when used in a script, and worse, lock up the terminal from which they are issued.
Using the commands outside of scripts works fine.

Any 'gptio read XX' command used in a script will only output 'Loading...' and lock up the terminal.
Any 'gptio poke XX aa bb' command used in a script will only output 'Sending...' and lock up the terminal. However, the device seems to change the poked variable to the new value.

However, if the script ends with a 'gptio activate XX' or a 'gptio deactivate XX' line, the script will reach it, execute it and free the terminal for new commands.

Here are some of the scripts I used (curtsey of Zamujasa, I think), to test this
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 9 ^ ./xr9 (succeeds and locks up terminal)
echo #!|ngptio poke xray radstrength 10|ngptio activate xray ^ ./xr10 (succeeds and does not lock up terminal)

echo #!|ngptio read xray ^ ./xr (fails to output and locks up terminal)
echo #!|ngptio read xray|ngptio activate xray ^ ./xra (fails to output but does not lock up terminal)