Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
username origin
(12-28-2016, 07:01 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(12-28-2016, 12:55 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: As to John Johnson? Well, I came up with the most generic name I could think up and tried to go from there. I remember having someone ask on my HOS application, "wow, that's the most boring name ever" and felt like I did good there.

You know, I always thought that John Johnson was a vague reference to the rare dick joke that the VOX makes every now and then involving the word "Johnson." After "Dixon Balls" I didn't know what to trust anymore.

that'd imply that I had knowledge of SS13 before I knew about SS13! it's just a happy(?) coincidence
Weavel is just the name of a bounty hunter from Metroid.

Isaac Kirkhope? A mix of Isaac Clark from Dead Space and Grant Kirkhope, a musician who worked on a tonne of Rareware games from N64 to 360.

...I mostly picked it because Wonk got p grumpy with me over constantly picking dumb video game characters to play as. Long live JC Denton, worst Sec on Shroom.
LOCUST FART HELL comes from a fake tabloid headline I made up. It was supposed to be "MY LOCUST FART HELL!" but that's longer than most usernames allow. Nowadays I generally shorten it to Locusts.

My first character on SS13 was a guy named Vincent Princent, which I named because I thought it was funny. I rolled random, tweaked one or two things then let him go. After I got to the point I had a good grip on how to actually play the game I rolled random again and got a female character that again I tweaked with some randomised name I forget. After a few rounds of this I decided I needed a distinct name if this was going to be my character from now on, and for some reason settled on naming her Honey Nut Cheerios because I was eating that at the time. A while after this I realised that maybe that was a bit too on those nose, and that Honey is a legit (if rare) name for girls and Nutt is a real surname, so it eventually boiled down to Honey Nutt.

And that's where we are.
i got Clare Quilty from the book Lolita

i just made my username the same thing, quiltyquilty, because the opening scene of the Lolita movie has Humbetrt Humbert calling out his name twice, like, "quilty? quilty?"

now i go by PGOAT which is from the book of Infinite Jest, its a nickname the book calls my favorite character at one point. it means Prettiest Girl of All Time