Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
username origin
I used to be Molly Millions which is a character from Neuromancer+Molly is my name irl, but someone else called themselves Molly Mirrions and I didn't want to be confused w/another player so now I'm Souricelle, which is French for little (girl) mouse.

My character name is Rose Kolodny, which is one of Molly Millions's aliases in Neuromancer.
I used to play online games with a 56k modem, even after DSL and cable lines became the standard. As you can imagine, the network performance was less than spectacular, which persisted long enough for me to used to it and almost prefer a laggy game over one that wasn't. Even now, I still live up to my dumb name!

My character, Dan Kelly, is the name of a Kentucky senator whose name I liked when I was looking up names for future use. It was simple enough to remember and could be arranged into Dank Elly, so the name stuck with me and has since served as my go-to character name.

(Apparently it's also the name of an Australian MMA fighter, and the senator has since gone on to be a circuit court judge. Huh.)
I'm a longtime activist against the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory, so that's where that comes from.

As to John Johnson? Well, I came up with the most generic name I could think up and tried to go from there. I remember having someone ask on my HOS application, "wow, that's the most boring name ever" and felt like I did good there.

edit: Superlagg is a huge butt

xoxo axolotl
best tecmo bowl player
(12-28-2016, 12:55 PM)APARTHEID Wrote: As to John Johnson? Well, I came up with the most generic name I could think up and tried to go from there. I remember having someone ask on my HOS application, "wow, that's the most boring name ever" and felt like I did good there.

You know, I always thought that John Johnson was a vague reference to the rare dick joke that the VOX makes every now and then involving the word "Johnson." After "Dixon Balls" I didn't know what to trust anymore.
I was like 10 and I was playing some game with muskets and I was like "holy shit I should be musketman", I go by musketdood on most everything else now but i'm stuck with musketman on the forum. As for Dominic Jackson I just hit the random name button like 5 years ago and it stuck.
Am I the only one that makes a new name for each community? Hell, this one has it's own youtube/twitter/gmail account.
(12-28-2016, 08:24 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Am I the only one that makes a new name for each community? Hell, this one has it's own youtube/twitter/gmail account.

Thats weird and you should feel weird.
I play as Ygor Savage, byond key Ygorthenasty. It's just a barbarian-sounding name that I came up with a long time ago for use in DnD games/games where you can be a barbarian-like character.

sm0kes doesn't really mean anything, it's just kind of dumb. I don't even smoke anything.
Ursula Major = Ursa Major obv.

Don Geon = dungeon

Yug Natas = Satan Guy backwards

Emily Claire = E. Claire = eclair

Alison Paige = random name

Yeah, I know, not very interesting.
Well, my username is just the name I use in almost every board, forum, game or whatever on the web. Its just the Fenris wolf, the mythological beast that - in Norse mythology - is said to devour Odin at the time of Ragnarok.

And 1991 is just the year I was born, added because there are many people with the name "Fenriswolf" out there and it´s everytime taken if I try it without the number.  smile

Ingame I mostly play as one of three characters:

First of all is The Chef - yes, only called The Chef and mostly assigned as a chef. I hate it when chef is taken and they give me bartender or staff assistant with him instead. He is taken from South Park, obviously.

Second: Mister Harkness. First time I played detective I wanted a name that sounds mysterious, cool and maybe a bit shady too. Then I remembered the questline of Fallout 3 with the escaped Synth/Android A3-21, who was in hiding at Rivet City under the alias Chief Harkness - a security officer/chief. I don´t play security or detective that much anymore, because I´m unrobust as hell, but I use him at other jobs aswell.

And last, but not least: My third and only female one, Lady Rana´I. Mostly botanist or bartender, mostly drunk/high of her own creations and interestingly the character who got the most antag rolls so far. Her name and her appearance are taken from the old C&C-clone "KKND", where one of the leaders who are briefing the player in the cutscenes mentioned that "the leader is in meditation, and therefor asked "Rana´I" to take care of the war".  Grimm and frostbitten
My go to name for awhile was Chip.  Chip originated from a childhood nickname and I used it for a long time until I swapped to Fish for one reason or another.  Later on I swapped names again and lo and behold, Fishanchips has become my new standard username.

My ingame name, Jim Avernum, was constructed in a similar manner.  At that point in time I didn't play many games that required a first/last name so I started with the most generic first name I could think of, and then combined it with one of the first games I ever played.
(12-29-2016, 01:40 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Don Geon = dungeon
[Image: 59953ee499.png]
I rank high on the artistic spectrum.
I came up with "Lord Birb" after my younger sister came up with "Birb" for our shared steam account name and I decided to roll with it.

My in-game name of Jack Jackson started out as John Johnson, the most generic name I could think of, but there were too many other people with the name so I changed it to Jack Jackson to differentiate myself.
My grandma used to tell me stories about Griswold the space bus when I was young, and I didn't realize how it was actually spelled until like a year ago. Mr. Grizzwold is just because I am shit at coming up with names. :downs: