Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
username origin
Some people on here have weird usernames and I wanna know where they come from. Also people's in game names, especially discount dan, was discount dan stuff in game before the player was, or visa versa????

my username comes from my brother who used to call me a shortsquid (cause of rocket power, the tv show) then I stopped being short and it morphed to natethesquid.

my in-game name is just my first name and then a random name sounding word i thought of once that starts with the same letter as my real last name
My Byond name is a play on words of Adventure a pun so to speak and my in-game name Bob Ludwig I use I got from hitting random on the name generator in the character Creation for Goonstation and it stuck and now I am Forever Bob.
Medsal is the mix of one of my friends's name and mine. 15 is because I forgot the password for the origigal account in Minecraft, so I used the first recommendation.
i took the name discount dan after i ate a burrito and died

that was a while ago

also you will never figure out the secret behind my byond key
(12-27-2016, 05:14 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: i took the name discount dan after i ate a burrito and died

that was a while ago

also you will never figure out the secret behind my byond key

Thats a toughie.

Stan Beezlebub came about after a round where I was getting salty and Shotgunbill was antagonising me saying that he liked to play the devil's advocate. Thus, Satan/Beelzebub became Stan Beezlebub. 

Atamus Valeo comes from a few places. Atamus comes from me misunderstanding a character's name in an old show I liked. After I found out the real spelling I just said screw it and kept it the way I had it. Valeo is latin for strength: more accurately "to be strong."
Grumpchkin came from me playing the boardgame "Munchkin" as a teen and liking it(I had 0 clue what a Munchkin actually was) and me liking the word Grump.

Trazan Banarne is simply the first names of the two main characters of the 80s Swedish kids show "Trazan och Banarne" about Tarzan's Swedish cousin and his monkey friend.

I'm teddy
I'm always trying to make personal improvements.
If I succeed, I'll be a new teddy
I plan to
Hence, I am
TheNewTeddy
purpleApocalypse wasn't long enough

And all of my characters are named after characters from RPs i've run with friends. Not all of them are mine.
Sundance originated from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I really liked the name Sundance, and it's one of my favorite films (and I don't even like westerns, but this film is different in a special way), and I like shooting things in-game so it stuck.

Feely is my actual last name irl, it's Irish and commonly misspelled. I purposefully round after round misspell other people's last names out of spite as a result.

The 420 in my name is actually reference to 420chan. I found out about SS13 on this drug advocate website, on their /vg/. I started playing around on other servers at that time and decided to add 420, and essentially used it as a tag to find my 420 bros and we'd go and play botany together and basically be huge assholes (but not grief, well not too much) to literally everyone else who wasn't a botanist. Good times.

I then migrated to Goon and stuck around. I still see some of the old 420 players, I know of 1-2 other than me who frequent goon. I still frequent the chan myself, normally on nom, mtv and music to find stuff I wouldn't normally find on reddit.
I Simply use my User name for everything, John Smith came about because I wanted a Somewhat Genaric Character. Happy Donkin Exists to be an idiot. Alice Jikawits (Last name is annoying to spell) came about when I added all the Jobs I didn't want to play to one character, and is the only one I play sec as.
As a kiddo online (this would be back in the early DSi days, I was around eleven at the time) I decided to use the name NesClassic being a Nintendo fanboy. Note, NES is mispelled as Nes- I've kept the mistake on purpose ever since, and I'm still amused when people offhandedly refer to me as NES.

Anyways, to go along with the name NesClassic I eventually whipped up my own little avatar. And by whipped my own avatar up, I mean I edited a Met sprite from the Mega Man series because I'm not creative.
[Image: BIFkJHC.png]
And on most sites it's the avatar I wind up using even to this day!

As it turns out, though, on more popular sites a lot of the variants for NES Classic are already taken as names. So, I've started using NesMettaur recently to make myself a little more... distinct.

As for my in-game characers, Vince Faufner was what the random name generator gave me on my first round and Alison Tuphlos is derived from Alison (a nice sounding name) and Tuphlos (Greek word for blind.) Funny that I've removed her short-sightedness for the time being.
Vitatroll is some lame ass name I threw together while drunk-ish.

Manne Love was an homage to one of the wrassler-personas of Mick Foley, Dude Love. Only later did I get that it made a pun. I kept it because Dixon Balls, Gaybe Arre and Manne Love make one hell of a party.
My story is not very interesting, basically HydroFloric comes from a user name idea I had for my Google account when I was making it.

The original idea was 'hydrafloric' but I fucked up and it became HydroFloric and I was too lazy to fix it and I kept it how it was.

Jason Hayward simply comes from two names both gotten from the use of a random name generater
Sam Albino is my in-game name, sam because its the first name that came in my mind, albino because i didnt know any good english last names
Ferriswheel1 after the first thing I made, in the first game I ever played: the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. I loved that game to bits.