Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dramatic Mining Overhaul
I just thought of something that might make Mining more useful.

Idea: Rebreather

Extends the time you can use an air tank.

Requires fabric, some other mining ore to make.
As it stands, you really have to work to kill off an air tank. With pure O2, a jetpack will last an entire round easily. I don't think there's a lot of need for something like this.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:As it stands, you really have to work to kill off an air tank. With pure O2, a jetpack will last an entire round easily. I don't think there's a lot of need for something like this.
You're talking about if they don't use it for flying, right?
It would be kind of neat if mining had some mining specific pod upgrades, e.g a drill and tank treads
It looks like mining already has a plasma cutter for pods. So my pod suggestion was probably unnecessary.

I still think being able to turn a pod into some kind of lunar rover looking thing would be kind of cool though.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Captain_Bravo Wrote:As it stands, you really have to work to kill off an air tank. With pure O2, a jetpack will last an entire round easily. I don't think there's a lot of need for something like this.

No, it lasts a while even if you're flying all around. I mean, if you're constantly just holding down an arrow key while flying through deep space, then you're an idiot and deserve to run out of air. Just a push to get you moving in a direction is all you need, and even flying all around and spending an entire round mining, I almost never run out of O2. The one time I did, I was an idiot who didn't fully pressurize my can before leaving the outpost, and even then it took 30 minutes to run out.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

No, it lasts a while even if you're flying all around. I mean, if you're constantly just holding down an arrow key while flying through deep space, then you're an idiot and deserve to run out of air. Just a push to get you moving in a direction is all you need, and even flying all around and spending an entire round mining, I almost never run out of O2. The one time I did, I was an idiot who didn't fully pressurize my can before leaving the outpost, and even then it took 30 minutes to run out.
I'm gonna hold down that button because I'm not gonna wait twenty minutes to get where I'm going. I'm way too impatient to go at space-wind speed, and I doubt that anyone but you uses your method, mostly because oxygen is easy to get to refill your pack with and there's no reason to conserve it