Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mummies and stuff
Lightbulb 
I was brainstorming in the sun while i was on the beach, and i had this, potentially bad idea, for the chaplains, in book format :

Mummification:

Pt 1 - The Preparation

In order to mummify a dead (or not) body, you will need:

-A table to place the corpse 
-Salt to dehydrate the corpse
-Bandages

Pt 2 - The Process 

Place the body on a table and throw lots of salt in it (about 120 units of salt) , once the body is dehydrated, you can start wrapping it with bandages. Once you are done, you may bury the corpse in a tomb or keep it as decoration.

Pt 3 - Is it alive?

If you have unknowingly (or not) mummified a living body or it has come back to life, you may notice that it walks slowly, and though what it says might sound like curses, they are simply its attempts to speak, as the bandages make it difficult for them

Pt 4 - Observations

- The process will halt the decomposition of the corpse
- Use a scalpel to open the bandages, you may open a little on the mouth, so it can speak properly
- Be sure to wear Egyptian ceremonial clothes
- Syndicate agents have acquired a book capable of instantly mummifying anyone (Book of the dead, traitor item, 3 crystals, should be fun)
- Add water to return the salted corpse to its normal state

Also, corpses should not rot in space
I love this. Maybe make the Mummified Humans also very icky.
Only if it comes with brendan fraser in some form.
Appropriately timed, with the 2017 'The Mummy' remake coming in June-ish.

Which has Russel Crowe and DB Vance -- and stars the immortal spawn of the Old Ones, Tom Cruise.
(12-26-2016, 11:21 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Appropriately timed, with the 2017 'The Mummy' remake coming in June-ish.

Which has Russel Crowe and DB Vance -- and stars the immortal spawn of the Old Ones, Tom Cruise.

It inspired me to post this
Fairly certain we have embalming fluid in the morgue and the crematorium.
(12-27-2016, 06:30 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Fairly certain we have embalming fluid in the morgue and the crematorium.

You have bread and water why do you need more food?

Flavour, this is not an idea to be really useful, it is to be fun.
(12-27-2016, 08:27 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(12-27-2016, 06:30 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Fairly certain we have embalming fluid in the morgue and the crematorium.

You have bread and water why do you need more food?

Flavour, this is not an idea to be really useful, it is to be fun.

Hats off to you for the snide comeback but I was pointing out that we have embalming fluid because it does the job of preserving the body. So, you know, if you wanted to make a go of embalming/preserving a body, you could already do it.