Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Stranded Survivor
Here's my probably atrocious idea, I don't know if it would work as a respawn event, teleporter accident, or just a new adventure zone, but here it is.

You awake/arrive on a broken station or planetary outpost. In it is a broken teleporter or mini-putt that you need to repair to escape, however the parts and tools are scattered around the station, there would be obstacles to each. If it's a teleporter then it should have different xyz variables then the one on the station.  But I think this would be best as a respawn event as you wont have outside tools or materials, but I can see why it would be too different from the normal game.
Hey, have this as a respawn event on the Destiny. They've been asking for one for ages. I recently had a cool idea where a respawnee gets picked up in hibernation inside an escape pod by mining's mineral magnet.
Occasionally as a late spawner you can start on the Ice moon
(12-21-2016, 10:11 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Occasionally as a late spawner you can start on the Ice moon

i think the chance of this needs to be increased, it might be admin only right now in fact. when it first came out it happened for a couple of shifts in a row, then i havent seen it again since that day at all. it was a fun job, even though its really easy to just go 'telesci beam me up' it's more fun to explore a bit, maybe even try soloing the abyss (which you have all the gear to do with you)
(12-21-2016, 10:11 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Occasionally as a late spawner you can start on the Ice moon

holy shit wait what
(12-21-2016, 05:57 PM)zewaka Wrote:

holy shit wait what

Just as confused as you are on this subject
There's also a chance to start completely naked on the arrivals shuttle at round start ... if that counts. (more of a bug than a feature but eh)
I think it'd be super neat to do all of these, or even just starting in the Diner to get more traffic there
One time my preround OOC theme was 'Get down with the Clown!' 'Everybody's down with the Get Down Clown!'

On joining the round I summarily died of laughter after finding my Clown affected by the 'No Limb' bug.

This has nothing to do with the thread, but thank you for reminding me of that. I could use a good laugh right now.
having like assistants, miners, some gimmick jobs a chance to spawn at the diner sounds quite nice but may have complication with how folks still habitually test their death shit at the diner
(12-21-2016, 06:03 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 05:57 PM)zewaka Wrote:

holy shit wait what

Just as confused as you are on this subject

Maybe Nate is correct about that being an admin only thing? I just noticed something like "Research survivor" as a job option. I don't think I had a headset ir anything when spawning, but I did have some gear for exploring. Tried unsuccessfully to get ahold of people on the station before taking my chances in the abyss.

Kinda like "Alien Prisoner" it's a neat RP job
Maybe bring them to the void?

As is it's not terribly difficult to escape the void, once all the martians and ghosts are killed you can leave the void pretty freely.

"A freak cosmic event sends you straight into some sort of limbo between the multiverse"