Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Drugs
For better results while snorting your drugs use a cardboard tube
Welcome to Moonside
how about a drug effect that gives other people randomized, shifting speech mutations, but only from the perspective of the drugged listener?
(12-23-2016, 03:38 PM)grumpchkin Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 12:58 PM)misto Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 07:13 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: I think it would be cool if there was a drug that worked like VR. Just a trippy room you can go to by passing out and drooling on the floor.

I'm not sure how you handle multiple players, but I imagine it either involves making them invisible to you, or by giving each player a different species or whatever and turning off speech so that they're not capable of figuring out who's a npc and who's real. Like having an out of body experience except the room is off on some other zlevel so you can't impact the round.

Once the drug runs out you wake up back in the real world a gibbering mess.
going to different dream rooms and hallucination rooms when your character passed out was a great feature in hellmoo, but it might be tough to replicate in a graphical game, especially if lots of ppl get dosed at once. maybe there could be a few small places reserved ie a cage in hell surrounded by demons and lava you pop into, a room with a moving backround in the style of the escape shuttle's warp of clouds and speed lines to try to replicate a nightmare of falling from a great height, a dark room surrounded by glowing eyes, etc

What if we have a telesci-esque drug nightmare with puzzles, secrets and mystical dream loot only available from being drugged repeatedly, like through an IV bag? Have a weak level drug that just lets you look there for a bit and a stronger drug only available through chem and magic shenanigans that lets you actually go there? Maybe we can finally find a use for the philosopher's stone as the catalyst for the magic drug?

Yes please. I would wholeheartedly support an actual function for the philosopher's stone