Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better Drugs
I recently played Neekothing, and the drug effects were amazing. It's built around drug abuse and all, but it was still really fun!
Here are a few ideas for better drugs, I guess.

Synthesizable Morphine/Psilocybin.
   I think that'd it be pretty neat if you could synthesize both of these, as Psilocybin hard to get lots of, and Morphine is in very limited quantities around the station.
The Psilocybin recipe could involve THC and some hallucinogen. 

Better Drug Effects!
   This is an idea that stems from Neekothing. When you take drugs, you start to get fucked up. Floating patterns, quiet whispers that only you can hear, ethereal rifts which spawn daemons from the netherworld, all that jazz. On goon, the most a drug can do is make your screen turn green and blue, make gunshots play and have a giant red poo chase you around. I think that just adding more negative side effects/making hallucinations better would add plenty to the "Drug Experience". 

More Drugs!
   This one is pretty self explanatory. Just add some more drugs! Whether they are prescription drugs that are easily abuseable, or the hard stuff you have to buy on the streets. I, myself, would like to see things like Xanax, Adderol and other over the counter prescription drugs. 

That's about it! 
As always, leave feedback, suggestions and criticisms!
I want cocaine so I can be a real colombian drug kingpin.
i guess the new sprite spinning effects might help make for good hallucinations.

maybe screenshake like what happens during radstorm if it can be localized to the drug user

fake golems, living objects, hostile animals/monsters would also make for good hallucinations

blob squelches, distant explosions, station creaking would make good audio hallucinations
I feel like some drugs like lsd should have a OD effect where theres a chance hallucinations should come to life. By that I mean that to you your being beaten by a staff assistant but to everyone else your on the ground beating yourself over the head with a toolbox
I like this, but maybe adding crazy patterns and stuff, as well as more psychedelic colors!
yeah it'd be more interesting if space drugs did something other than make your screen flash different colors

maybe taking drugs like weed or space drugs could make you perceive people as different things

like youre walking and talking to your friend shitty bill and you start smoking weed suddenly shitty bill is a cat now???

also add cocaine which you can get from harvesting coca leaves in botany

and add in crack cocaine and crystal meth too while you're at it
Psilocybin can already be produced by botany. It's a Space Fungus mutation.

IIRC there was a thread a while back suggesting that MDMA be added to the game. I recommend Vanilla + Bromine + Formaldehyde + Ammonia + Chlorine
I think it would be cool if there was a drug that worked like VR. Just a trippy room you can go to by passing out and drooling on the floor.

I'm not sure how you handle multiple players, but I imagine it either involves making them invisible to you, or by giving each player a different species or whatever and turning off speech so that they're not capable of figuring out who's a npc and who's real. Like having an out of body experience except the room is off on some other zlevel so you can't impact the round.

Once the drug runs out you wake up back in the real world a gibbering mess.
(12-20-2016, 07:41 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: like youre walking and talking to your friend shitty bill and you start smoking weed suddenly shitty bill is a cat now???

What kind of weed are you smoking? 

Can I have some?
Anything inspired by real drugs should probably stick close to said drug's effects.

Lots of thing could be added though, like trails, melting, camera shifts, station rotation, color saturation, color desaturation, the propensity for philosophical declarations and the 'singing' of various themesongs, etc.

Purely fictional drugs are fictional though. Spin2nipS.
(12-21-2016, 07:13 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: I think it would be cool if there was a drug that worked like VR. Just a trippy room you can go to by passing out and drooling on the floor.

I'm not sure how you handle multiple players, but I imagine it either involves making them invisible to you, or by giving each player a different species or whatever and turning off speech so that they're not capable of figuring out who's a npc and who's real. Like having an out of body experience except the room is off on some other zlevel so you can't impact the round.

going to different dream rooms and hallucination rooms when your character passed out was a great feature in hellmoo, but it might be tough to replicate in a graphical game, especially if lots of ppl get dosed at once. maybe there could be a few small places reserved ie a cage in hell surrounded by demons and lava you pop into, a room with a moving backround in the style of the escape shuttle's warp of clouds and speed lines to try to replicate a nightmare of falling from a great height, a dark room surrounded by glowing eyes, etc
Good ideas here, especially Misto's hell nightmare drug. Space PCP
Fuck yeah this all sounds great.
(12-21-2016, 12:58 PM)misto Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 07:13 AM)atomic1fire Wrote: I think it would be cool if there was a drug that worked like VR. Just a trippy room you can go to by passing out and drooling on the floor.

going to different dream rooms and hallucination rooms when your character passed out was a great feature in hellmoo, but it might be tough to replicate in a graphical game, especially if lots of ppl get dosed at once. maybe there could be a few small places reserved ie a cage in hell surrounded by demons and lava you pop into, a room with a moving backround in the style of the escape shuttle's warp of clouds and speed lines to try to replicate a nightmare of falling from a great height, a dark room surrounded by glowing eyes, etc

What if we have a telesci-esque drug nightmare with puzzles, secrets and mystical dream loot only available from being drugged repeatedly, like through an IV bag? Have a weak level drug that just lets you look there for a bit and a stronger drug only available through chem and magic shenanigans that lets you actually go there? Maybe we can finally find a use for the philosopher's stone as the catalyst for the magic drug?
just grind up the obsidian crown and philosphers stone and snort em