Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For newbies to LLJK1 (half-assed unofficial guide)
I've noticed some things a lot when a new person joins LLJK1, so here's my quickly thrown together list of things to know about LLJK1 (also I'm bored and spewing words don't judge me) Also these are lazily thrown together guidelines, not official rules. Just things that either I find annoying or wanna help newbies with.

1. To piss, stand over a toilet, and use the *piss verb. *pee also works (there's a few others.) You can also sit down on a toilet and do the exact same thing. To sit down, buckle in.

2. EAT OR DIE! No seriously, grab a snack and a drink every once in a while.

3. For the love of God please, PLEASE don't use text speech while speaking IC (PDA messaging and writing is A-Okay of course), and don't do major OOC IC things, like mentioning how we're all playing SS13, or mentioning things that your character can't possibly know. As always, these can be funny if done right. 

4. Don't be a fun hating asshole, or ruin others' fun. Now this seems real hypocritical judging by the last guideline, but shut the fuck up. Don't be a Roman (Schwicky if you're reading this... stop throwing plasma glass at my feet god damn it), but don't be some guy that wants all the IC rules to be followed with harsh punishments to those who break them.

5. RP is key. ERP (not the EXTREME kind) is, as said by the official rules, is grounds for a ban. Just have fun and enjoy the roleplay, but you can still be goofy, this is Goonstation.

6. Stop wasting your life with this guideline holy shit just play the god damn game.

there, I managed to occupy 20 minutes of my life typing this shit up. *shrug*

fuck off already

WHY ARE YOU STILL READING?
"how i pee"
the new hit mhelp from the artists that brought you
"how i leave vr"
Hey, I've got a bit of time. Sage advice incoming:
  • The best map I know can be found here. It is not up to date, though, and there have been several big changes:
    • mining magnet moved to the back of the ship with a "recreation" area added in its place
    • genetics combined with pathology
    • cloning combined with morgue
    • security expanded
    • medical and security station added near the fore pod-bay
    • mining shuttle dock added in maintenance near disposals
    • bar expanded to include crew quarters
    • probably others
  • ooc and looc are enabled, use them when relevant (looc is "local" ooc, so great for things that might have minor IC ramifications like telling someone you're working with that you're going AFK)
  • Unless admins are involved, LLJK1's currently on "extended". That means no antags. That does not mean that LLJK1 is a "test" server or whatever, some people enjoy extended with light RP and joining, testing a canbomb, and leaving is not an okay way to play.
  • If the admins are involved, sometimes the round will say "extended" when it's really not. The best way I know of checking halfway through is to look for the printouts that CentComm send with really Totally Accurate™ information about likely antags.
  • Being a bit of a nuisance is okay as long as you're not ruining someone's round, and it gives security something to do.
  • If you're leaving (and you're not a department head or higher), go back into cryostorage. You can't leave for 15 minutes once going in, but if you do decide to come back then you won't be dead due to things like starvation, and it also stops cluttering up the halls with braindead folks.
  • If you're leaving and you're a department head or higher, try to offload your responsibility/access on someone in your department first. Tell a scientist they're now the research director, give a doctor your medical director status, or tell one of the directors "you're the captain now". It stops rounds from being cut short due to there being no department heads around to recall fixable reasons for shuttle calls.
Don't be dumb like me.
Don't hold grudges from previous rounds or behave based on what someone did in those rounds ( I know this is in the rules but it is worth remembering)
(12-20-2016, 06:56 PM)misto Wrote: i guess the new sprite spinning effects might help make for good hallucinations.

maybe screenshake like what happens during radstorm if it can be localized to the drug user

fake golems, living objects, hostile animals/monsters would also make for good hallucinations

blob squelches, distant explosions, station creaking would make good audio hallucinations

(12-21-2016, 09:24 AM)Maegor Wrote: Don't hold grudges from previous rounds or behave based on what someone did in those rounds ( I know this is in the rules but it is worth remembering)

However, some things stay consistent. For instance, if you're repeatedly a terrible person, people will remember you as a terrible person. If two characters get married, they stay married until divorce. However, if someone's an antag, you don't remember them as a ling or wizard.
I was more on justifying shitty behavior with someone but on like personal history and RP stuff I agree with you
Speaking of urination, is it a faux pas to piss in a glass and drink it? I prefer to be economic.

#theimportantquestions
(12-21-2016, 07:06 PM)Wraithcraft Wrote: However, if someone's an antag, you don't remember them as a ling or wizard.

Unless you're like, doing it for comedy purposes or something