Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spontaneous Death
So, twice today I went from 100% health to zero in under 3 seconds. I was in a room with atmos both times and uninjured or near anyone who could have killed, injected, or done anything you can think of.

I asked the admins what happened to me the first time and the response was that I took O2 damage for some unknown reason. As I said, I had no internals on but there was O2 in the area. I was in the process of wrenching a table. (?)

The second time, Hokie replied with something along the lines of "I have no idea what happened to you." I was removing handcuffs in my office on Destiny. Again, no one around, full health, yada yada.

To replicate... be me and try to exist? I have no idea. Has anyone else had this issue recently?
I often heal myself out of crit and not realize my heart is still not beating, then suddenly drop dead a few minutes later from 100% health. Are you sure it wasn't that?
If this was on Destiny,  having your food or drink motives depleted instantly kills you. Maybe you forgot to keep them filled?
As I said I was completely healthy both times. It was odd because it seemed to coincide with my wrenching the table and uncuffing myself.

The first death I had no damage so far for the shift and on Destiny I had just taken care of my motives moments earlier, eating and drinking. Who knows?! I maybe it was just poor RNG luck twice in one day? I have no clue. It's just odd that both times the admins were stumped by my death as well.
Did you perhaps eat anything made by a chef?

This is important, because a traitor chef has access to sauce packets that have a chem that sits in your system, waiting for it to dump all of its damaging effects when your body is depleted of it.
That does toxin damage though, doesn't it? Atamus said they they died from OXY damage.
(12-20-2016, 12:08 PM)A4Brogan Wrote: Did you perhaps eat anything made by a chef?

This is important, because a traitor chef has access to sauce packets that have a chem that sits in your system, waiting for it to dump all of its damaging effects when your body is depleted of it.

Chips and a soda. Plus it's the extended server with no antags and I imagine the admins would have been able to see that as a cause of death.

Eh, I'll pay extra close attention the next time I play.

Mysterious happenings!
(12-21-2016, 07:39 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 12:08 PM)A4Brogan Wrote: Did you perhaps eat anything made by a chef?

Chips and a soda. Plus it's the extended server with no antags and I imagine the admins would have been able to see that as a cause of death.

Eh, I'll pay extra close attention the next time I play.

Mysterious happenings!

At a guess? You died of CO2 poisoning. It's something that's really easy to miss as it only really shows you a couple of coughing messages in the chat before stunning you and oxycritting you very quickly. Hell, i only even know it exists because i ran into in catmandu that one time.
i remember once i had a heart attack and died after eating chips and drinking coffee
could it have been gradually increasing brain damage that went unnoticed? that makes you forget to breathe and stuff thus explaining the oxy damage, right?
This exact thing happened to me today and I'd scanned myself with an active heart attack seconds prior. Went from 100% healthy to dead in seconds after it kicked in.
(12-22-2016, 09:58 AM)Cirrial Wrote: This exact thing happened to me today and I'd scanned myself with an active heart attack seconds prior. Went from 100% healthy to dead in seconds after it kicked in.

The next time this happens to someone could they scan the air around them with their PDA? I'm still basically convinced it's CO2 poisoning
Maybe it's an issue with the newer blood system. Since blood is required for oxygen, you'd take OXY damage without blood. Maybe the source of this is in the blood code?
(12-22-2016, 10:12 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 09:58 AM)Cirrial Wrote: This exact thing happened to me today and I'd scanned myself with an active heart attack seconds prior. Went from 100% healthy to dead in seconds after it kicked in.

The next time this happens to someone could they scan the air around them with their PDA? I'm still basically convinced it's CO2 poisoning

I was in crit, managed to fix myself with saline glucose but neglected to ever inject cardiac stimulants. That's why I died. The air was absolutely fine.
Sounds like you gave yourself heart disease by putting too many units into your blood. It makes you randomly take oxy damage and have heart attacks.