Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DISABLE BLOB ROUNDS ON LOW POP or in general
I'll be honest I've had very few blob rounds I enjoyed as a blob or a player and they REALLY REALLY suck when there's less than 20 people around.  Either the blobs get discovered immediately and eliminated before anyone can blink (which is better because the round actually ends) or the crew doesn't notice in the first ten seconds and is completely fucked.  There's almost nothing that can stop a blob that gets going on low pop rounds and it just serves to stretch the time out until the next round where there might be an equal playing field.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE consider removing blob mode or just preventing it on low pop.

Also why the fuck does this text box use so much resources goddam

edit: if we're gonna keep blob remove the fucking fire immunity, there's no way to generate area of effect brute damage the same way you can use a flamethrower, which is one of the only useful tools in fighting a blob
(12-18-2016, 01:31 AM)poland spring Wrote: edit: if we're gonna keep blob remove the fucking fire immunity, there's no way to generate area of effect brute damage the same way you can use a flamethrower, which is one of the only useful tools in fighting a blob

Did you know that blobs are extremely vulnerable to acids, radioactive elements, and toxins? Just give the ol' blobbo a big beaker full of cyanide and uranium and watch it spread from tile to tile!
I'm going to agree with this, and perhaps changeling and wizard. Blob especially though for the simple fact that by the time its likely to be detected it's already too large for a small crew to deal with.
please please please please please
Do these work in flamethrowers
(12-18-2016, 01:47 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 01:31 AM)poland spring Wrote: edit: if we're gonna keep blob remove the fucking fire immunity, there's no way to generate area of effect brute damage the same way you can use a flamethrower, which is one of the only useful tools in fighting a blob

Did you know that blobs are extremely vulnerable to acids, radioactive elements, and toxins? Just give the ol' blobbo a big beaker full of cyanide and uranium and watch it spread from tile to tile!
(12-18-2016, 03:42 AM)poland spring Wrote: Do these work in flamethrowers
(12-18-2016, 01:47 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:

YES!
Mixing a little cyanide in with the chlorine triflouride works wonders.
That's the theory; here's the reality of my observations:
- Around 10-20% of roundpop fight the blob; the rest consider it boring or as a hassle.
- Around 10-20% of roundpop commits suicide when they hear the word 'Blob'.
- When a blob gets caught early, it dies.
- When a blob doesn't get caught early, the only reasons it will die are: a) It's new, b) A turbonerd gets bored, c) The entire station gets bored.
- Two blobs will never die; not so long as they work together.

You can solo a large blob with telsci, bombs, chems, and other nerdery. It's difficult, but it can be done. Now, what percentage of people can pull that off? I'd wager less than two dozen, and practically none of those would put in the effort. What people can do matters less in game design than what people will do.

Blob is one of my favorite round types, but it needs some work.
In theory, the blob is actually balanced. The problem is that most people consider it a boring hassle and would rather do nothing than fight it.

I shamefully admit that I've been one of those people many time before. It's just not fun to fight a blob.
At the very least, blobs auto-ending the round when they reach 500 tiles needs to be removed. Basically every time reworking blob comes up on the forums, the rounds auto-ending is a major complaint. There is no reason to still have this feature when it is clear the community hates it.

As an alternative to auto-ending rounds, I propose that once the blob reaches 500 tiles, the shuttle is auto-called and cannot be recalled.
If all nuclei are destroyed, than there will be a centcom announcement along the lines of "All blob nuclei destroyed. Good work, crew!" will pop up, and than after around ten minutes the game will pick a dead person to become a random event antagonist.
It's actually surprisingly easy to convince the crew to give a care about the blob. Part of it is ordering lots of phasers since people like guns. The other part is to be the AI and rat out every detail about the blob so that there's little confusion and, more importantly, lots of incentive to shut up the AI by killing the blob.
CAPS
(12-18-2016, 10:13 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: At the very least, blobs auto-ending the round when they reach 500 tiles needs to be removed. Basically every time reworking blob comes up on the forums, the rounds auto-ending is a major complaint. There is no reason to still have this feature when it is clear the community hates it.

As an alternative to auto-ending rounds, I propose that once the blob reaches 500 tiles, the shuttle is auto-called and cannot be recalled.
If all nuclei are destroyed, than there will be a centcom announcement along the lines of "All blob nuclei destroyed. Good work, crew!" will pop up, and than after around ten minutes the game will pick a dead person to become a random event antagonist.
I don't know where you got the thought that auto-ending rounds is something the community clearly hates because your post is the first post i've seen about it. The round auto-ending when the blob reaches 500 tiles is totally fine with me because by then the blob is invincible and most of the crew is probably dead without the ability to call the shuttle,taking away the auto round end would just extend the ultra boring slogfest because you can't hurt the blob at all.
(12-18-2016, 10:55 AM)Wire Wrote: CAPS

?

[Image: fltA8s7.jpg]