Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Major Unpowered Cables
Today and yesterday I went and hotwired the engine after it started putting out a few hundred GWs. The APCs started zapping everyone and all was fine for a little while. Moments after that, all the cables around the station suddenly didn't have any power in them, and the wires coming off of the engine wouldn't do anything when multitooled. The SMESsesses still received power and the engine was still generating away, though my powergloves did a whole lot of nothing at all.
This happened again recently, once today and again yesterday.

Yesterday, I hellwired the engine and asked the AI to electrify the doors. This worked well for a while, myself nearly dying from the rogue APCs. Then someone broke into the engine room and cut a bunch of wires, undoing the hotwire. Before I fixed the wires, I multitooled the wires around the engine room, and they had between about 10-35kW flowing through them, likely from the SMESes that I didn't bother to set up.

After I fixed the wires, they started reporting either that previous small amount, or that they were unpowered. I checked the wires coming off of the engine, and despite it generating a few dozen terrawatts, the cables were still unpowered. In my frustration, I pumped hotloop gas into the hookups until I died.

Today, after half a round of blowing myself up with my own mousetrap mines, I wandered into the engine room and put on a lazy furnace burn. The engine spun up to about 150kW, but the SMESes refused to charge themselves.

I probed the wires around the engine room and found that, again, the wires were unpowered, despite the engine being very much online. In my frustration, I loaded myself up with sugar and coffee, then chairflipped into Cassian Major until I died.
I've seen this happen myself, and triggered it, I think.

It seemed to have something to do with wiring the solar SMESes into the main grid, as that's what I was trying to do at the time-though people can do this easily by accident by just hotwiring the solars.

The grid acts REALLY funky when this happens, too-the engine will report power some places but not others, APCs seem to stay powered... it's very strange.