Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Hotkey Mode Fix
So I don't know if this was intentional or just a bug, but when you toggle hotkey mode with TAB, it doesn't actually toggle back on until you click somewhere on the area around you. For instance, say I'm typing out a message with the chat bar and someone hits me, I'll try and hit TAB to quickly toggle back into WASD hotkey mode. But instead of it letting me run immediately, I just end up filling the chat bar with "wwwwwwasadasawdaw" because I didn't click back on the screen.

Just a very annoying little issue that's gotten me killed a few times. So basically, it'd be nice if hitting TAB immediately turned hotkey mode on, allowing you to move around and whatnot, without needing to click anything. If you guys have never tried switching in and out of TAB hotkey mode to talk, it's actually a lot faster and smoother than using a chat popup menu, when it's working at least.
This should be in bug reports
Moved.
This sounds more like an issue with BYOND, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, don't bother using the switch, just use the hotkey for speaking, and maybe hit escape a few times. It's what I do.