Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make wizard hats stronger
I've been playing for years and hardly ever have been wizard.  I get that wizard can be overpowered in some senses but being able to instantly cripple a wizard by throwing a glass of acid is just too much, especially considering how rare it is to be.  It completely ruined a round recently with absolutely no recourse and all i'm really asking is that wizard hats be buffed to not dissolve so easily so other people don't have to be miserable like me
bring spare hats in a box, if your hat is melted just run the hell away
Nobody is going to know to do that since wizard is so rare

Edit: Oh and you're not going to be able to run away because you'll be mashing your spell buttons and unable to cast anything while you're murdered with whatever else was around!
The thing about wizard is that it's a little like blob - people new to wizard accomplish little other than flailing about and dying, people with even the slightest amount of experience and skill are functionally unkillable monsters, and any buff to the former boosts the latter by immeasurable amounts.

and yeah, bring a spare hat or two. If you're worried people won't think to do this, add a note to the wiz tutorial sheet that says 'hey bring an extra hat'. Done.
(12-11-2016, 11:49 PM)Roomba Wrote: If you're worried people won't think to do this, add a note to the wiz tutorial sheet that says 'hey bring an extra hat'. Done.

that's a great idea
Staff of Cthulhu, except a hat
(12-12-2016, 04:27 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Staff of Cthulhu, except a hat

Cthulhu worship hat? Hat of Cthulhu?
A whole suit of Lovecraft gear would be neat

Hastur's haberdashery
Soles of Shub-Niggurath
No, wizard is already powerful enough, if you lose your hat you deserve it. Also yes bring spare hats.
(12-12-2016, 06:06 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: A whole suit of Lovecraft gear would be neat

Hastur's haberdashery
Soles of Shub-Niggurath

This would be a great addition to getting Staff of Cthulhu.
Also sorry for this thread I was kind of having a nervous breakdown yesterday
we already have suits of evil magic gear ingame, they turn you into a lich. has anyone tried to obtain and combine this shit while being a wizard? does anything special happen? something special should happen rather than the normal lich thing
Arwassa's Attire
Chaugnar Faugn's Coif
Nyarlathotep's Nightgown
Yog Sothoth's Yamaka