Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a game mode?
We need more gamemodes.

Even very simple ones (just a new antagonist character like a changeling) would be nice.
(04-27-2017, 12:13 PM)Mageziya Wrote: We need more gamemodes.

Even very simple ones (just a new antagonist character like a changeling) would be nice.

Yes please
Game modes are still in high demand, the current ones have been around for so long. New game modes would be very nice and I feel would freshen up the experience much more.
At the moment, the closest thing I could think of for the addition of a "very easy" new game mode would just be the tweaking of werewolf and predator so that they could be effective in normal and common play. Granted, "very easy" is also probably an extreme understatement.
bring back rev 2017 

add in werewolf and predators too
The last new game mode I saw being tested was 'conspiracy' where the conspirators had to seal off an area and defend it with their lives. Not especially notable since most people just shrugged, went 'okay' and proceeded to ignore them. May have been revamped into a pseudo-spy thing since then, not sure.
Werewolves I think could be the most fun to tweak

I'd like to see it where they can't control the transformation, and instead just get a bit of warning when turning into a wolf and back into a man.

While wolf, they'd be really tough, so the challenge would be keeping your identity secret for when you're vulnerable as a human
(04-27-2017, 03:43 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: bring back rev 2017 

add in werewolf and predators too
Werewolves should periodically howl uncontrollably, so that the one werewolf doesn't hide in a trash can all round and pop out to murder people and never get caught. I mean, it's funny, but it was also frustrating.

I would definitely love more variety in gamemodes.
I just remembered, weren't the early days of vampire basically just a crap-shoot/trial-by-fire of constantly designing and redesigning it after live experimentation? I'd be fine with something like that, since it'd be a step towards things happening.
(12-12-2016, 10:48 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Option 1: Vampires vs Werewolves
Blood suckers and stinking dogs! They can't stand each other. Your task as on of these antagonists is to team up with your brethren and crush the enemy creatures.

Add a wraith, a couple of zombies, and maybe a changeling, and you've got yourself a monster mash gamemode.
(04-27-2017, 08:04 PM)Studenterhue Wrote:
(12-12-2016, 10:48 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Option 1: Vampires vs Werewolves
Blood suckers and stinking dogs! They can't stand each other. Your task as on of these antagonists is to team up with your brethren and crush the enemy creatures.

Add a wraith, a couple of zombies, and maybe a changeling, and you've got yourself a monster mash gamemode.
Don't forget skeletons
Sounds more like a monster smash.

That said I feel like Skeletons don't do enough to be useful against a vampire or changeling.

That said it reminds me of http://store.steampowered.com/app/241280...t_Warrior/

or http://store.steampowered.com/app/17570/...nights_II/

Games that don't really sound balanced but make up for it in sheer ridiculousness.

Also this round type needs a frankenstein. Of course since there's not really a frankenstein game mode, why not swap with Jeckyl and Hide and give some dude a temporary hulk potion.
(04-27-2017, 09:58 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Also this round type needs a frankenstein.

(12-24-2014, 02:43 PM)salix_catus Wrote: [Image: 60TC5Mq.png]
[Image: Lnpw7U2.png]
(12-18-2015, 04:06 PM)Arborinus Wrote: [Image: FdTrVWT.png]

[Image: X3zXfPN.png]
(06-03-2016, 01:04 AM)Naximous Wrote: [Image: hZKhNPv.png]

(09-02-2016, 09:25 PM)Arborinus Wrote: [Image: QW2Y8bB.png]
[Image: y24ahRk.png]

I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe. If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other. If I cannot inspire love, I will cause fear!"
As far as it's dreck modes go, I prefer Alien over Rev. Revs are incognito, well supplied, highly staffed, and have a maximum of 6(more like 3) targets. Taking out the heads in 50 minutes is pretty easy for a traitor objective.

At least you knew who to shoot in Alien Mode. Though it, too, would need a butt lode of tweaking.

Definitely in for werewolf, predator, and some kinda monster mash mode. It's okay if a mode is somewhat imbalanced. That just means success and failure carry more weight. Well, so long as the challenge is within reason.