Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Vault
I vaguely remember this being a thing on other servers so sorry if I suggest exactly what they have.

I miss the days when E.V.A. was closely guarded, and it was a big deal to break in. Nowadays the supplies inside are ignored since there's tools, materials, spacesuits, etc. everywhere else in huge quantities.

Therefore I suggest the current spot that E.V.A is in instead has a big fortified Vault. To open it you would need some sort of higher clearance than just a head ID, similar to the Armory. Maybe there could be two spots far apart that require a head ID put in at the same time to open it. Breaking in should be more difficult than usual but not impossible.

If a game mode was also introduced or changed to have the vault as an objective (stealing from it or whatever), it would definitely be much more guarded by players.

Of course Nanotrasen has their hidden agendas, so the contents of this vault would be randomized each round. Some ideas:
  • Pirate's treasure - Gold bars, gems, eyepatches, booze
  • Loadsamoney - Lots and lots of space credits, monocles, suits and top hats
  • The Birds and the Bees - Bees, Bee eggs, Birds, Owls
  • Kong's Banana Hoard - Bananas, monkeys, monkey suits, banana bread
  • The Patty Vault - "You like Krabby Patties don't you, Squidward?", Piles of random burgers, the secret recipe
  • Nuclear shelter - Vault suits, beds, emergency supplies
make eva the official spacesuit supply of sec+heads, move the fancy grey nt pods and some of the good pod weapons there into an adjoining pod dock with properly upped clearance. reduce the door access to red security airlocks, remove the troublesome windows and put r-walls all about it. put a turret or those motion detector lasers or a resident robuddy parking garage guard in there for final security measures.

now it maintains its original functions with a few extra goodies thrown in, and it is officially Stealing Shit From The Heads and Security and Fucking With Highly Valuable Station Property to bust in there.

the security pod dock being moved out there frees up room for more cells in the brig or more room in the armory
I agree that EVA could use a change. I don't think we've hit a proper balance since the 'colder space' and 'faster atmos' changes. Space has been made more dangerous, but space access has been trivialized to compensate.

That's beside the point of the topic I guess. Making it into a vault for nicethings™? Yeah, sounds neat. Give the Captain and HoS a code to open it and have the walls/windows/door resistant/invulnerable to cheap means of B&E such as meltmix, RCDs, packets, hacking, etc.

All you need from there is some nice loot, like an 'I broke into the vault and all I got was this lousy t-shirt' t-shirt, or a verynicehat™.
One thing I've said before in the past, every department should have a secure area. It could be a mini vault or just a safe. Inside would be some loot specific for them, like some rare wine or truffles for the kitchen, or an antique pistol for security. Maybe each vault could have a part of the code for main vault?
I'm thinking that the doors can be made invulnerable thru "Nano-Protected" property. Like Reinforced Walls, except actually good at something. Nano-protected resists the matter-changing ways of the RCD, has random wires than other doors, and is immune to Chemicals. Along with that, they should be a little stronger against explosions, but not so much that Explosions are worthless.
This would be so cool. Make robbing it a traitor objective.