Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let us make crates out of material sheets
I needed a crate and said to myself, "oh maybe i can make one out of these steel sheets". But alas I couldn't.

Seems like kind of a simple thing. Unless there's a good reason for crates not to be buildable, for balance reasons or something else I don't understand.
I think the main reason is the prevent crate-spam. I mean I'm not sure why you can't walk over open crates if you can walk through open lockers. shrug

The prospect of making a box out of radioactive material and welding someone inside, slowly microwaving their innards in the process, sounds like good ol' SS13 fun. I know, that'd have to be specially coded in. A spaceman can dream, no?
you can click and drag yourself onto a crate to "step into" it, and they can be taken apart instantly with a wrench, they are no longer a major obstruction
Now that I think about it, I've used crate-sliding quite a lot as a barrier for critters so I'd be sad to see it go.

Wasn't aware of the wrench thing.
The weird thing is you can make lockers, which are very similar functionally. I think the only difference is you have to lie down before closing crates and lockers can't be loaded into pods.
crates can be used to catch certain small creatures and smal robots that lockers cannot, i think. crates are also necessary for selling thru qm, i do not think the market accepts lockers of goods.