Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science area really needs a test area
It's been a thing I notice a lot, even just coming back.   Science either blows itself up or is filled with afk's.   

Back on the other station the test area was constantly under use for concoctions and the like and it made it fun to just toy with chems because there was a safe area.     I'd like to see the test area make a come back, perhaps as a westward offshoot of can storage to allow easy access to pipes.   it messes with the overall shape of the station a bit, but in terms of functionality I think it is important to keep science fun.
Science HAS a test area. Both the test chamber right below telescience and the off-station test area, accessed via pod or through the launcher in the south bay.
The research outpost is where it's at for blowing shit up.
That'd explain why I can never find anyone in science. Cheers!
the test chamber right below telescience kind of sucks, yknow, cause if you test anything there theres like windows to space 5 or 6 tiles away and also it directly adjoins public medbay lobby. i know occupational health and safety arent priorities but still a mild redesign could be considered
(12-10-2016, 03:43 PM)misto Wrote: the test chamber right below telescience kind of sucks, yknow, cause if you test anything there theres like windows to space 5 or 6 tiles away and also it directly adjoins public medbay lobby. i know occupational health and safety arent priorities but still a mild redesign could be considered

I always considered it more of an exhibition area/emergency medical area. It's where I placed my zombie hordes, ice spiders, wendigos, neon perpetual machine monkeys of moustaches and coughing, etc.