Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Antag, The Witch
Witch [Not a Real Antag Yet]

Witches start with a single item: A Black Covenent which allows them to take two of the four Pre-built sets of powers. The Four Sets are Called "Enchanter" "Hedge mage" "Medium" and "Binder". I Will talk about each under there own Heading, but all witches start with a Basic Set of powers...
  -All Witches Gain a "Soul Stone" when they use their contract Which allows them to Respawn at its position, with some Conditions...
    1: The Stone Must be on a Section of the Station Physically Attached to What ever point the Witch is OR held by the witch, Otherwise they instantly die.
    2: The Stone Gives them Absolutely Nothing When they Respawn, Meaning the Witch needs to be sure they can leave whatever point they leave it in.
    3: If Someone breaks/Melts/Eats/Frys the Stone the Witch Dies Immediately, And cant be Brought back to life under normal Circumstances. (Cloneing, Borging, SR.)
    4: If the Witch Had >75 Fire damage when they died it can't Respawn them.
  -All Witches can See Ghosts
  -All Witches have a one use Spell which Makes Ghosts Visible, Tangible, and Violent to someone for Thirty Seconds.

Now that That is Done onto the Sets.
ENCHANTER
  The Enchanter Set Focuses on Screwing Around with what Other people see, or Dont see.  They have the passive ability to become invisible if they dont move for ten seconds, and have a Three use power to Control someone who is in View for either ten seconds or so long as they are within view.
  The other powers are to Create or change what an object looks like, they can only have Three items created or changed at a time though. Make one Object/person invisible until someone interacts with it/them. And Simulating Effects, For Example Flashing someone at a Distance or making them believe they can't Breath, This only works while in View of the Witch though.
HEDGE MAGE
  In Addition to a Soul stone this Set gives the witch the Basic powers of a Wisard, A set of wisard Robes, a Staff, a Spell book, and one Spell point.  They also gain a two use power called "EREBITE BALL" Which is a Suped up Fireball with a LARGE blast radius.
  The other Advantages this set gives are A Really Nice Beard, And a Rat "Familiar" which they can Control that May have Rabies.
MEDIUM
  This set is based around Extorting the dead and Tormenting people around them with those same dead.  They have the Ability to Hear Ghosts and, By saying the name of Someone dead, Drag their Spirit to them.
  the other powers this set has access to are Forcing ghosts to possess normal items, and Converting up to two ghosts into "minor Wraiths" with Access to the Haunt, Whisper, Poltergeist, and Command powers.
BINDER
 this Set is Unique in that they only have one power: the Ability to Make objects which Directly Effect other players, To do this effectively they get two items: a "Sewing Kit" Which Contains a pair of Scissors, a Ball of thread, and a Sewing needle. The Other item is a pocket sized Bag Capable of holding Bars, Wire, Hair, Beakers, and any Heirlooms that you may pick up.
  The Three items that can be made are: Voodoo dolls, Which have whatever is inflicted on them inflicted on the Target, and Yes that does include Burning Someone to death by Deepfrying them. Totems, Which after five minutes respawns the Target as a "Strange abomination of Flesh and Metal". and finally Hexing Stones, Which Slowly Transfer damage from one Target to another.

Hopefully this looks good, I have been having somewhat of a hard time spelling.
Damn you I was thinking of a Witchy role. DAMN THOUUUU!

Well since I posted, I'll give my thoughts:
Either make the Witch able to pick two, or merge it with the Wizard by letting them pick one of these for Three (or two in Hedge Mage's case).

Other than that, it seems quite perfect. Especially the revival stone.
I think we need to have witches
But their only weapon is a broom
This would be hell to code with the different types, but I can see this working!
The Chaplain already has a demonic contract. Lets find new words for this that isn't demon/devil/ect.

As for the ideas themselves... they are alright I suppose. They seem thematically disconnected. I think it might be better to choose one of these paths, bulk it up some, and run with it. (Or maybe just choose two of the paths and combine them.) Binder seems like it'd be the most fun but perhaps also the hardest to balance. It could work if the voodoo doll requires either hair, blood, or the heirloom item of the person you wish to target so that you don't just hide in a maintenance shaft with a welding torch and a fuel tank.
i would prefer more sci fi opponents to balance out the abundance of fantasy critters we already have bopping around

but maybe some of these ideas for powers can be rolled intro wraith, wiz, vamp, etc
(12-09-2016, 12:45 AM)misto Wrote: i would prefer more sci fi opponents to balance out the abundance of fantasy critters we already have bopping around

but maybe some of these ideas for powers can be rolled intro wraith, wiz, vamp, etc

this. wraith needs more high end abilities cause it gets pretty much infinite points by about the time the shuttle gets called. sci fi opponents are fun. random ideas: robot invasion/takeover, enemy space ships attacking have to go out in pods and fight, gimmick npc that spouts memes until someone kills it (not sci fi but whatever)
Cyber witch

[Image: 68747470733a2f2f34302e6d656469612e74756d...302e6a7067]
(12-09-2016, 04:32 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Cyber witch

Hackers?
(12-09-2016, 02:34 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 12:45 AM)misto Wrote: i would prefer more sci fi opponents to balance out the abundance of fantasy critters we already have bopping around

this. wraith needs more high end abilities cause it gets pretty much infinite points by about the time the shuttle gets called. sci fi opponents are fun. random ideas: robot invasion/takeover, enemy space ships attacking have to go out in pods and fight, gimmick npc that spouts memes until someone kills it (not sci fi but whatever)

I support more Wraith stuff because Wraith is not really fun at high tier because of cooldowns and limited actual abilities
Isn't there a thread for you nerds to talk about wraith that isn't this one.
A techno-witch could actually be really cool. Some weird hybridization of stolen wizard-federation "tech" (magic), and syndicate (or other sourced) tech could create some funky things. Maybe give them their own special kind of voltron, since that seems to be a pretty good form a "tech magic." Of course now, the wiring on Cog2 would need reworking, or the special voltron's capabilities further expanded, as the wiring on Cog2 is extremely limited at the moment.
Hack the planet station.
I like the techno-witch, and agree that we need more sci-fi than fantasy.

Special voltron sounds cool, too.

I was thinking the witch could have a special powersink that syncs with witch power gloves. These gloves wouldn't require power lines, but will only stun in melee range unless the engine is hotwired and hellburned. Then, it is sith lord mode. They would be a stylish black, of course.

Lastly, the broom should act like a high-end spear or maybe a speed boost. Or maybe like a really fast buffer from hell.

Probably overpowered.
fullmetal alchewitch