Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Worst Moments Ever
while setting up the singularity manually by activating the emitters by hand (setting them up with the computer was for pussies) i was too slow however and i was struck by the emitter and with my dying breath i told the other engineers to activate the engine. what followed was my corpse being spun around inside the chamber like it was caught in a whirlpool followed by the singularity spawning and immediately escaping as my body spinning around had broken the windows
Once I mistaked the Captain for the Chaplain as an officer, and he was in the kitchen (this was on LLJK1). I started giving him shit and asking him to leave. God damn I felt awkward as fuck after I realized he was the captain...
Late night round, got mindslaved. Dude asked me to go mousetrap pipebomb the station. I oblige. I spend 5 minutes to grab my 300u of BP, another 5 to make the damned things, and a few more minutes to figure how best to deploy them.

I deploy some. Then I get d/c'ed. I reconnect 10 minutes later to the guy worried I went braindead. Turns out nobody exploded. Not unexpected since there were only like 10 people on. Anyways, to alleviate his worries I rush out to deploy the rest o-BOOM! "Holy crap! Manne Love just exploded everywhere!"

Hi, I'm Manne Love, and I no longer play rounds when I've been up over 24 hours.
the time accidentally i spaced a box containing 5 solarium keys, i still cringe at that memory, now i put them in one at a time.
Well now you will after we all yelled at you we had everything else too

Edit: After 3-4 try's we did it so I now forgive fosstarreagan for this incident
again, sorry.
i got sleepy penned as the shuttle left, so i was forced to watch via the super blurry vision as i got shot repeatedly, then blown up from something. worst part was i had a shit ton of meds, a robo heart, treads, and my tranq rifle (i was the MD)
As of recently, I've been playing a lot of Scientist on LLJK1. And I'm getting the hang of Telescience, it's a lot of fun! I like being able to remotely bypass a lot of Space Bullshit and grab anything I want using the power of math!

Yes, the teleporter can grab anything. Anything.

Since I'm new to this wing of science and I was the only one online anyways, I questioned if drones were eligible candidates for teleportation. And, well, they were! The little terrorist shit wouldn't hold still when I tried to send it back, though, so I tried leading it around so that I could catch it on the teleporter pad and eventually opened the public access pad to try leading it up against the wall that way. Turns out that industrial buzzsaws can beat glass and steel grilles any day, who knew!?

So after looping around into the lab to murder me, I ran off and attempted to devise a plan. Eventually, I came up with a reasonable one- if I can teleport drones, I can teleport pods too. So after hijacking a pod at the fore, I loop down to the mining pod bay and rig an industrial pod with weapons. After fiddling around math and a with a GPS I forgot to remove from my pocket, I got what I needed to put into the teleporter and snuck back into the teleporter lab via the mining shuttle and maintenence.

Thankfully, the drone was screwing around somewhere else but a new problem came up anyways- the mainframe was down for the teleporter. And, as if Space God heard my cries, the station was boarded by one Chief Engineer named Mary Brave. After some panic and sorting issues out, Mary worked to restore power to the engine while I sought to break into the CPU core and reset the mainframe. ...though I never made it all the way into the core, restoring power was good enough. I mailed Mary the Port-a-Sci remote while I punched my teleporter coordinates in and prepared for combat.

I didn't actually bother to figure out what the ship Z-coordinates were by that point, meaning one of two things happened:
-I scanned for atmosphere and found an Adventure Zone's Z-level, or
-You outright can't teleport pods in from the pod bay.

Either way, I caused a teleporter fire and unceremoniously burned to death in the research hallway.

Hey, this IS the worst moments thread, right?

In summary, I am never teleporting drones onto the station ever again.
(12-18-2016, 11:21 AM)NesMettaur Wrote: In summary, I am never teleporting drones onto the station ever again.
Now now, never say never! You might want to zap the x to the station for some lazy traitoring one day. Maybe even the y if you get bored.
Is it possible to even teleport the Y i would think its way to big to be sent back
i think it is, but it would be a shitlord to target.
(12-18-2016, 12:36 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Is it possible to even teleport the Y i would think its way to big to be sent back

Quote:Yes, the teleporter can grab anything. Anything.
Not everything I can't teleport the medibots from the debris field yet
(12-18-2016, 04:14 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Not everything I can't teleport the medibots from the debris field yet

You can't you with the z-level zombies
I once spawned as a mechanics traitor after a long dry spell, with the mechanics office all to myself. Decided to go all out in setting up deathtraps across the station - crushers, graviton traps, the works. After scanning a crusher I went to set up a couple of them when a dude who'd been kind of a bumbling idiot newbie the past couple of rounds signed up as the other mechanic. I figured he was annoying but basically harmless for the moment, so I ignored him to set up some other stuff, then ran towards mechanics just in time for him to set up a crusher right in front of me so he could figure out what it was.

His response to that was to stare in confusion for a bit, then walk into it himself.