Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Worst Moments Ever
Captain round. Medium pop. Only security is a braindead officer and new detective.  I do normal captain things for a bit, heal up a guy who put himself into crit walking into doors with the meathead trait, and start the engine because there are no engineers. Suddenly a botanist is screaming bloody murder that the roboticist killed and borged the aforementioned meathead assistant without his consent. Half the crew dogpiles the roboticist while the actual medbay personnel who saw that the botanist is lying desperately try to save the roboticist. I find traitor gear in hydroponics, including a used macrobomb implanter, check them with a forensic scanner and they have black glove fibers on them. Check the lying botanist and their gloves are the same ones that were used to touch traitor gear. I set him to arrest and warn the crew that he is a traitor. Literally nobody listens. The traitor gets arrested by beepsky, screams bloody murder as I drag him to medbay to cut his macrobomb out, than suddenly two lawyers and a clown rush into medbay and start yelling that the obvious traitor deserves a fair trial. I tell them too fuck off, and they follow me the entire way to security to try and free him. I get into security and start stripping and searching the traitor and find even more traitor gear. Suddenly the lawyers break into security and escape with the traitor. I give chase, get punched in unconsciousness because my egun ran out of power and there were two of them, and they arrest me, tell the entire crew I'm a murderer for trying to deal with the obvious traitor, take all of my gear, and demote me to staff assistant. Traitor botanist feels so sorry for me he spares me from his ensuing rampage despite me being one of his targets. Round ends, botanist is the only traitor. 

Worst part? After the round ends basically everyone who isn't the two lawyers is talking about how bullshit it was that I was arrested and stripped of my rank for trying to deal with the obvious traitor, yet at no point did ANY of those people who were now defending me step in during the round to help me deal with the two shit lawyers. They just stood by and watched me get all my shit stolen by a pair of greytiders and did NOTHING, and yet once the round ends they all jump to my side. 

News flash: strong words don't mean shit if you don't act on it. If you see a pair of obvious greytiders being shit, fucking do something! Don't just ignore it than talk about how shit they were after the round ends.
I would have adminhelp those two cause the way you put it there's no way they did not know he was a tratior and they pretty much aided a antag which is breaking the rules. I also would have tried to kill both of them.

This may make me sound like a no fun shit head to alot of you but fuck it. I've had so many awful round ruining experiences this year by greytide players and players that really push the limits when it comes to fucking with Security and roles that take on Security matters that I either brig them for five minutes from the get go or kill them if they don't get the hint that I don't want to deal with their shit. The worst part is ALL of them fall back on the defense of "I was just trying to have fun with Security stop being so super serious it's shit" and everyone will agree and defend them without having the full context of what really happen.

Security and the roles around it, are STILL the automatic bad guys in the community's eyes and it blows my mind. Again you people wonder why hardly no one plays these roles anymore. No it's not because "it's not fun"  it's because you treat the players who dare try these roles like GARBAGE and gang up on them for trying to do their jobs, (Most of the time. See one of the recent admin complaints for the best example of this). I really hope Admins start cracking down on the people like this cause they are awful. These people shows everyone the worst side of goonstation and drives them away from an important role. 

Also kills me how no one pays attention to the radio these days. If I can pay attention to the game and the chatbox at the same time. Then so can you. There's no excuse.

Remember the less people that play security the more rampages you see. There's a reason why so many think rampages are a growing issue these days.
(09-14-2017, 04:42 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
News flash: strong words don't mean shit if you don't act on it. If you see a pair of obvious greytiders being shit, fucking do something! Don't just ignore it than talk about how shit they were after the round ends.

The main issue is the "Don't kill unless you have reason to believe they're antag" rule.  Greytiders usually don't give a shit about it and everyone else really don't want to break it.

If you suspect people are being assholes for the sake of being assholes and can provide your reasons for why you attacked or murdered non-traitors (and for the love of god don't lie about it), the admins will likely tell you that you did nothing wrong.

Don't be afraid to kill people if you feel their actions deserve it.  The admins said on more than one occasion that greytiding on the server means forfeiting your right to live for the round.  They have access to the logs and WILL side with you if the people are being shit.  Don't be that guy who doesn't do things to help someone clearly being screwed over by an asshole and then complain in OOC over how they were unfairly treated.  If you honestly think they're being treated unfair and their round is being ruined, do not hesitate to do something about it.
I flashed one of those lawyers and took his ID when they were trying to stop you arresting him, and threw a couple people out who followed you, but there wasn't much I could do against that mob of people apart from make sure they didn't kill you when they broke in. The sec officers who joined part way through this just accepted it and completely ignored them, when I pointed it out to them they just shrugged and said "maybe the captain is a traitor". It was also pretty hard to believe that enough people were dumb enough to form a mob that large without any evidence that you were a traitor, but I think most of them were just using it as an excuse to riot (the lawyer, staff assistants and clown).
I was the AI during that round, and your patience amazed me.  Those lawyers did some pretty shitty things to you in the name of "space law" and the roboticist pretty much got beaten to death on the word of the botanist.  Security that round was pretty new from what I gathered, and the fact that literally nobody trusted you in lieu of a working security force was pretty sad (you even set up the engine and things!).

The one thing I found funny about that round was the roboticist was actually fairly robust, despite being new to the point of barely being able to talk.  He was quite the slippery devil.
Entirely my own fault.

Spawned as traitor miner, wasn't really sure what I wanted to do. Fortunately an engineer made a snappy insult in my direction, so I silently vowed revenge.

Blew up every SMES, gloated about it. In the process, engine was also converted to raging inferno of death, yaaaaaay. Tried to convince crew I could somehow restore power if they lynched engineering for me, talked trash, just generally tried to stir up some chaos without having to get my hands dirty. Installed a power sink to really put the last nail in the coffin.

Looked at clock, realized I had exactly two minutes to get to work. Do-able, but FUUUUUUUUUU-

Stated over comms a few times I wanted everyone off MY station, and that power was still available in captain's office for shuttle call. Went AFK and went to work. frown Frustrating because it was THE MOST successful I've ever been in trying to accomplish any kind of personal goals as a traitor.

Probably also frustrating for the people playing to be left in limbo like that, for which I apologize.
Antag, Vampire, Chef.
Went out, got blood from the diner, went back, got access from the HoP.
Having no light is super good. I should take out all the power cells and throw them away.
No.
Better idea.
I should rig the power cells to explode when someone turns them on.
Set up the assistant quarters to make sure I know what I'm doing. Booby trap successful.
I head off to security maintenance and start rigging the main hallway APC.
I must have forgotten to turn the power off before I put it back in.
spywizard round

am spy, don't know wizard is around
do spy things
get 6 bounties
no other spies, only "abberanthe"
hear wizard noises
got microbomb implanted
grab fedora and taser
tase wizard
go over
tip
wizard teleports away last second
i explode in vain
ragequit
(09-22-2017, 05:32 AM)PH77SER Wrote: spywizard round

am spy, don't know wizard is around
do spy things
get 6 bounties
no other spies, only "abberanthe"
hear wizard noises
got microbomb implanted
grab fedora and taser
tase wizard
go over
tip
wizard teleports away last second
i explode in vain
ragequit

Man, that sounds even more frustrating cuz I know yer pro enough that you could've KEPT that wizard down if you'd wanted to. frown Sorry man.
The time I learned that physical bullets aren't like lasers, and pass over people that are lying down. frown

Rolled traitor CE, was gonna try and do my first non-ass-day engine hotwire. Had one engineer working under me, he's not the talky type, fine, decided not to mindslave him. Got the engine going quick, everything's looking good for a fast hot burn. Engineer comes into the hot loop holding a flamethrower... OK. After a couple seconds he's obviously just carrying a nerd weapon for show, not coming after me. Shove him, steal his flamethrower, spend the entire tank on him, but he's wearing a firesuit so obviously that's not gonna do it. Start stabbing him with wirecutters to get some bleed on there too. Well, the flamethrower must've heated my hot pipe enough to burst or SOMETHING cuz a GIGANTIC fireball comes off of the area he's in, lights me up now too. I run to extinguish fire, and he runs off yelling to security.

BUT I GOT LUCKY! Security listened to both sides of the story (his honest side and my half-truth half-lies) and says "Fuck it, let them sort if out" I guess. I think they had bigger things going on at the moment. So I lay low... my Engineer underling comes back to engine, I hide in my office and shout for sec like a real civvie. Unfortunately, he cranked all the pumps to 5 and fuckled the hellburn pretty badly. So I abandoned that.

Used some tools and a little trickery to subvert the AI without going through the airlock or triggering the turrets. Onehuman myself, basically, and the AI is GLAD to have SOMETHING to DO! Sweet! First thing I do is simple, move a couple weldertanks into the morgue and have him blow the lights to cause chaos while I scout out my kill targets. One is already dead, one is a botanist who was god knows where, and the third was a janitor that died before I could get to them.

At this point, I order an Emag and break into the armory, hook the sleeping gas up to the Market pump and wall it off with the RCD so it'd be a discouraging challenge to turn off. Go check botany again, still noone there. Order a radbow and the silenced pistol, as I am trying to play things RELATIVELY low key. At least in terms of direct killing... cuz the next thing I do is emag the cloner, and then go pump plasma into medbay via THAT pump system. Plasma ignites, people are screaming, I find the Botanist (he's a lizard, now, cool!) and radbow him... but he survives, cuz Medbay HONESTLY was ON FIRE both literally and metaphorically most of tonight. Despite the raging inferno in medbay, the doctors keep their cool, get the portananomed and keep Lizard-Stoner alive. OK, fine.

So now, of course, people are calling for shuttle, rightfully. Medbay is a mess, still very hot, and it's like 50 minutes or so in. I believe Discount Dan was full swing into another rampage at this point, too, with a katana. So I figure I'll go to the bridge and camp out, see who calls the shuttle, and if it's the Captain I'll pop them and assume their ID. While I'm waiting, I swing back to the armory to see if there's anything else there I want... grab some flashbangs, can't remember what else. Doesn't matter.

I swing back through to the bridge and there's the Captain, Rich Phillips. I mean, if you've seen me play... you know, well, my instinct is to say "Someone broke into the armory, you see anything?" and he replies "Need medical attention" "now". *SWEET* I nod, move a little away, put a radbow bolt in him, he drops (he had been puklng or something, not sure what his original deal was with that) so I pull out my silenced 22 and unload a clip... directly over his prone form. He pops back up, draws a riot shotgun, pops me with it, comes up with his egun and empties it into me in the form of lasers. The end. smile

Rich Phillips, good reaction time, AWESOME shot with the Riot Shotgun cuz I was a good ways away and moving fast at that point. You earned it, but damn I wish I'd known I had to stand right next to you to shoot you.
yesterday i was a monkey traitor and not only did i forget the katana was a thing until i'd already bought a macrobomb, but at some point i went to get a detgadget hat from the dets office, hoping there was a spare given the det was trapped in a wall somewhere, and i picked up a completely empty, dirty detgadget hat, then a secoff ran in out of nowhere and i was forced to dissapear down the mail chute. my macrobombs never went off because i started fighting people on the shuttle cause thats more fun than beating myself to death, but then remembered that if you're on the shuttle, there's a 97% chance you'll get thrown off it rather than actually killed like a decent person.

had to use the suicide command cause i had no time, and they didn't go off cause of bad luck.

not to mention my crippling lag the entire round frown
Rolled traitor scientist, even had a gimmick (impossible trivia + can bombs, not the most original ever but hey something!) but stupid, stupid, STUPID me had to go check the artlab real quick and TOUCH things. First artifact I touched was a borging artifact.

The round actually turned out pretty well, and through the efforts of like 5 people trying to be silly humans were human, but only non-humans were human so we could do BASICALLY whatever we want. Still frustrating, though.
>cappy traitor
>kill all staff assistants and medical doctors, escape alive
>easy enough
>think of a tf2 spy gimmick
>revolver, voice changer, sleepy pen and cloaking device
>go to [CENSORED] through telesci and get a revolver, saving TC
>get balaclava
>staff assistant joins
>grin
>ping skyrockets to 300
>900
>2000
>3468
>people in chat say that the server is lagging
>10 minutes pass of the server becoming an IRC chatroom
>restart
>goodbye traitor round
>ragequit
Afaik if a server is forced to restart, you get an automatic token. This what happened to me in the past, although it could've been an admin quick to the chase. Eitherways you're entitled to another traitor round.
Nuke ops! There’s only two of us for some reason. Partner says he’s going to go in quiet and flies away. Okay.

I equip myself, load up the nuke, and wait for his signal in the Syndiputt. I drop a power sink in the station to sow chaos, but I get spotted flying into position and then a pod finds me. Turns out I forgot to put a gun on my pod and the pod explodes after a long chase. I end up at the ghost drone factory of all places. The nuke is nowhere to be found and according to radio traffic, they caught my partner. I can’t raise him on the radio so I assume he’s dead. Fuck.

I figure out what to do next and mentorhelp asking what happens when a bomb flies out of a pod. An admin whispers that my bomb is in the debris field and drops me a jetpack. I find an unlocked pod in the debris field and locate the nuke. Still can’t raise my partner, so I say to hell with it and bring the nuke in through the merchant docking bay. Somehow don’t get spotted taking the nuke to the Courtroom and arm it.

The whole crew shows up and I die. They beat the nuke to death. In deadchat, my partner said he put on the wrong headset and lost the syndie one somewhere. Fluke ops.