Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Worst Moments Ever
(12-07-2016, 02:35 PM)Grek Wrote: the saltiest of incidents I've seen today

this is why forensics and security e-Oh wait this is Goon
That's actually why I don't play security, because it's nigh impossible for me to determine crimer from victim.
Every once in a while the admins (drunk or no) have a press every button mood. These can be either hilarious and amazing or holy shit burn the server. The 'summon 30 waves of meteors' thing that because popular on cog1 was probably the worst in recent history.

Honestly I can't remember many player-centric bad moments; most of them are server related. Like when the server kept dying due to me trying to find the exact numbers for canbombs (before you just needed a calc) ...

oh. that makes me the player-centric shit-player.

Well shit.
I was a nuclear operative fairly recently and being the unrobust nerd that I am, I screwed it up.

An admin spawned pickpocket grapple guns on the syndicate shuttle and I tried firing one to determine its function.
I was holding an RPG at the time, and it dual fired both of them blowing an operative to smithereens.  Good god do I feel bad about that round.
Ah, I remembered some of my worst oopses.

One was when I had farmed syndicate npcs for their radios. Somebody grabbed one, next thing I know I was mindslaved. Then somebody attacked this guy I thought was my master and I shot him to death with a revolver. Turns out the dude I killed was my master. Well fuck. I was tired. Dead tired. I don't even think those radios have mindslave implants -- doublefuck. :downsgun:

Another was when I was testing canbomb effects on cog2. I dispersed around 4 (I think) canbombs around the station and waited till the shuttle had 90 seconds to leave. When it did, I pressed the trigger -- and immediately learned that canbomb triggers could be made instant. Whoops.

Luckily people quite enjoyed that one.
Syndie npc's got radios? thats awesome
There was one time that I spawn as a captain changeling on Cog1. I immediately jumped the gun and tried taking down someone who was in the bridge. The problem was that I didn't have a safe changeling-den setup, so I wasted a lot of time in finding a secure spot. This was also before the acid spit change, so I couldn't immediately remove this person's hat. I was fumbling in trying to remove their headgear and radio headset, when suddenly they started spamming the SA-account exclusive *smug emote (Side note: This is literally the only time I have ever seen the *smug emote.), which befuddled the hell out of me since I had never seen the emote before. For reference, a smug face icon pops up above the emoting player, before fading away.

The combination of all these shenanigans meant that my victim was able to wake up while still wearing their earpiece. They promptly screamed their cry for help that the captain was a traitor, and that's when I knew that I was boned. An outed changeling who has eaten no one is as good as dead. I couldn't even manage to eat this person now, since they were awake. I don't fully remember what happened next, but I think the detective quickly arrived and everything just went straight to shit for me. I think I got trapped in an airlock at one pint? Eventually, I found myself in security, quickly bleeding out, when I remembered something that could have saved at the very beginning: I had the teleporter-remote stuffed into my backpack box! I quickly made an escape using this new-found hope and..... promptly bled out from my wounds. I later remembered that changelings could survive in space, and I had several opportunities before the teleporter escape to duck out into space. Overall, I think that is legitimately the worst I have ever done as any antagonist. I did literally everything wrong during that and, and as a result died less than 15 minutes into it.

Here's another bad moment that had nothing to do with me:

I spawned as a traitor Captain, and I immediately noticed that something of unimaginably small chance had happened. My uplink code was 666 Omega. That, and my traitor objectives were all related to destruction. I took this as a sign that I was a representative of Ol' Satan himself, and I planned to reflect this as best as possible by causing as much chaos and destruction as possible during the round (Realistically, I would have done jack-shit.)

The server crashed at the 4 minute mark.

So much for that.
One time a person new to the server (RP 1) tried doing telesci but kept receiving on invalid coordinates, and eventually summoned a Syndicate NPC. I heard gunfire and there was no Detective on shift so I ran over and asked him why the blast doors were closed and he said there was a guy in there firing at him. Soon we hear the windows breaking. We open the blast doors and we find that Albert and the Syndie traded weapons; Albert has a revolver and the Syndie has a fire extinguisher because apparently he thought it would be a much more effective weapon. I open the door and set the Egun to lethal and unload on him, grab the fire extinguisher and drag him out into the hallway.
"Who's getting beat up?"
"DIE YOU LIL SHIT"
Eventually everyone crowds around me beating up the Syndie because this rarely ever happens on RP 1.
What I should have done, however, was stun and cuff him.
He died and his microbomb implant detonated and everyone's legs flew off. I got the radio though, so that's neat.
When my character was tortured. frown It was pretty bad.
I vomited everywhere in the bathroom and went into crit. A man on fire runs through maint and slips on my vomit and burns to death.
(12-10-2016, 11:18 PM)Tybo03 Wrote: I vomited everywhere in the bathroom and went into crit. A man on fire runs through maint and slips on my vomit and burns to death.
By all means, this is funnier than it has any right being.
A while back the AI was rouge and just being a general shithead, so I decided to debrain it (reset cards were gone). I managed to get inside without it knowing and yanked its CPU out, stopping the muderbot rampage. After I did this, I wondered if the AI CPU counts as a brain, so I headed over to the kitchen and made the AI CPU into a bowl of mashed brains. In what I thought was a moment of victory I ate the AI. It gave me kuru. I died. Don't eat the AI folks.
Got b-ball wizard for the first time. Took basketball nova, blew myself up. RIP
My most shameful moment came, like many, as a syndie. We had fought a dour battle against the crew whilst the bomb was ticking down in the Science lobby, and it had got down to just me with 30 or so seconds left. So with 0 crew to be seen, surely having perished I thought, I took off into space as a sort of victory cruise. Job well done, Richard, pat on the back.

Yeah, someone destroyed the bomb almost instantly. OOC had a field day with that one.
(12-13-2016, 09:08 PM)vampirate Wrote: Got b-ball wizard for the first time. Took basketball nova, blew myself up. RIP

Not as bad as when I got B-Ball wizard as syndie and immediately got hit by Beepsky then stripped and crushered by some random assistant.