Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Worst Moments Ever
I looked at the laws earlier (before shit went down) and the law in question was basically "Bolt things randomly.  Unbolt if anyone asks.".  It must have been something else if he was commanding the AI to obey law 4 though, I'll look it up.

-----

Looked it up, that was a spy thief round?  Must of been a different round I saw that, let me look again.

-----

The antags were two vampires, right?  

Determine which borgs are emagged and report them to command for shutting down. Uploaded by Alex Yu (Captain)

Officer Beepsky holds the rank of Captain, regardless of current rank or station. Uploaded by Jack Jackson (Medical Doctor)

I have no idea how to navigate that website  :lost:

Edit:Wait, I remember reading that law as a medical director. Nevermind.

Also, I can definitely confirm that people were throwing chairs at security for seemingly no reason. I flashed and arrested two people to stop it (I know I remember cause the first one said I was doing security's job while everyone else yelled at him and basically said I did the right thing, including the AI). Granted, that was still in "Try to de-escalate the situation peacefully" mode.
Rough stuff. I play Security a majority of the time and while I can completely understand your grievances here, I'm inclined to throw my two cents in.

People's attitudes toward Security seems to be changing for the better, albeit at a snail's pace. The crew coming to your defense when you were arresting folks speaks to this point. There are far fewer instances of people dragging away criminals being arrested, stealing Security's weapons, etc on a round to round basis.

(At least, this has been my experience)

I'm not saying this to undermine your round, which was an awful experience I can very much relate to, but to encourage you to keep playing Security and to keep being a good officer; of which, there are not nearly enough. The law needs you! I'm a cop you idiot!
Also, this is happening...

https://forum.ss13.co/calendar.php?action=event&eid=19
Thanks Wonk! Seeing Stan Beezlebub crowned Yee C W tag team champion was the only gift I needed this year.  Here's to us!
Got blob as a mid-round antag FUCK. It went the same as it ever does. The highlight this time? Actually managing to smash some guy's pod, only to have him run out of the exploding pod and flamethrower my nucleus to death before I could have possibly done anything to stop it.

oh also this was less than five minutes after I deployed but I didn't get my free respawn

I sure love playing an antag that is reliant entirely on luck to do well
blob is not luck. you are unlucky, yes, but blob is mostly skill. ask wire
(07-30-2017, 09:39 PM)Berrik Wrote: Got blob as a mid-round antag FUCK. It went the same as it ever does. The highlight this time? Actually managing to smash some guy's pod, only to have him run out of the exploding pod and flamethrower my nucleus to death before I could have possibly done anything to stop it.

oh also this was less than five minutes after I deployed but I didn't get my free respawn

I sure love playing an antag that is reliant entirely on luck to do well

You're salty. Blob requires skill, as NateTheSquid says. Every single time I am Blob, I do well. I have only really lost to the crew 2-3 times excluding my very first time. I even did fine back in the days of there only being one blob. Is that luck? No, that's skill. 

The Respawn glitch is still totally shitty though, and a guy flamethrowering your nucleus to death after getting out of an exploding pod is sad for you.
respawn glitch = adminhelp, problem solved
(07-31-2017, 12:18 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: respawn glitch = adminhelp, problem solved

Admins are not always on so it's not completely solved just sorta solved.
(07-30-2017, 10:01 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: blob is not luck. you are unlucky, yes, but blob is mostly skill. ask wire

Ask wire about the time he spawned in twice and was killed within five minutes each time. Sometimes it's all about luck.
(07-30-2017, 10:01 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: ask wire
Wireblob is scary. He doesn't do it much or even at all these days, but I do remember the one attempt he tried blob again. It was a fairly long time ago, so details are fuzzy and may actually be from stories of similarly scary blob players.

He started out in the stock market room, which, while not frequently visited, isn't exactly hidden, and has nothing but windows, so that nucleus was wide open to space and pod weaponry. Only, he knew that he was open to space and pod weapons, so he had brought the reflective membranes upgrade early on and plopped one down as soon as someone got in a miniputt and started firing at the nucleus.

Even fire couldn't stop him, and by the time people were whipping out flamethrowers and welderbombing, they simply wouldn't do any real damage to him. He strategically placed his fire-resistant membranes to minimize the impact of flame attacks, and he was just simply too big for the blob lost to the fires to be of any real impact.

Later on, he made all the way to Escape and plopped down a nucleus at the shuttle cockpit. Post-round, we learned that Wire actually wasn't the only antagonist that round. Except, he kinda was, because he absorbed all/most of the others.

(07-30-2017, 10:01 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: blob is not luck. you are unlucky, yes, but blob is mostly skill. ask wire
I agree, if it were entirely luck, all the time, Berrik would be unable to do anything in his situation. There's a different skillset for blob than other antagonists though, because blob is largely immobile and relies more on defending and countering attacks. (Look at the blob upgrades. Most provide some sort of counter or defense against common anti-blob weapons or allow the blob to expand easily for sheer size in strength.)

I'm not skilled enough at blob to provide real useful feedback (and haven't seen the round mentioned), but, doing my best not to sound like backseat commentator, there were some general things that would make his situation less sucky. Getting passive fire-resist for more time, placing fire-resist (or even mitochrondria) membranes, better starting placement perhaps, maybe even getting the spread upgrades to get to big enough size that losing so much blob to fire wouldn't matter.
But really if you're found early by some random person wandering around and both the Captain and Head of Security are on point in addition to the crew you're gonna have a hard time not getting killed in minutes.
(07-31-2017, 01:34 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: But really if you're found early by some random person wandering around and both the Captain and Head of Security are on point in addition to the crew you're gonna have a hard time not getting killed in minutes.

You could say the same about most antagonists.
most antagonists can run away, blob can't

Also Wire was on that round and actually advised me to start where I did (routing depot) and also taught me how to hotkey some of the blob abilities.
(07-31-2017, 02:37 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 01:34 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: But really if you're found early by some random person wandering around and both the Captain and Head of Security are on point in addition to the crew you're gonna have a hard time not getting killed in minutes.

You could say the same about most antagonists.

Most antagonists have the option of running away and changing their appearance.