Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
bring back rev
for starters replace blob rounds with rev rounds
No, it always becomes "Heads run around to the tune of Benny Hill until the last head hides for 30 minutes"

It needs a serious reworking before it'll ever be enjoyable or at least bearable for sec and heads.
Regardless of where this goes, extended rev needs to be deleted. People tend to gravitate towards it in 'choose the mode' rounds, without realizing that it just means revs never explode. Enter the next two hours of lookings for some braindead dude somewhere out in stationspace.
there was a thread a long time ago about an "infection" game mode that was a lot like rev but instead of a human rev head there would have been i think a blob-overmind-like unseen player acting as the ruling consciousness of the sapient disease, dispensing instructions, buffs and lifespan-extensions to its choice minions

positive factors i remember

1. the disease limits your lifespan and makes you become gross and goopy and gib eventually, thus theoretically discouraging randoms from using it as a mayhem ticket

2. conversion to infected rebel status may not necessarily be instant, could be combated with medicines, cures, prevented/slowed by biosuits and paramedic suits, slowed by cyber/synth organs/limbs

3. an opportunity to make pathology a relevant field of study for reasons other than making trouble slower and less effectively than a chemist or bomb builder can

negative factors i remember

1. would becoming a gross diseased mutant who eventually gibs really discourage randoms from using it as a mayhem ticket? maybe not

2. risks just combining the bad aspects of rev with the bad aspects of zombie outbreak
until we find a better solution to make rev rounds actually about revolution lets just give command some sorta centcomm weapons drop via pda for rev rounds
although the idea of nanotrasen hacking together a bastardized version of traitor pda weapon-summoning functions for station heaads is funny, command already has the authority to blow station budget on extra guns at qm anytime they please

could be nice for summoning in extra loyalty implants i guess, so long as its enabled in every mode so it doesnt give the mode away.
(12-11-2016, 01:52 AM)misto Wrote: although the idea of nanotrasen hacking together a bastardized version of traitor pda weapon-summoning functions for station heaads is funny, command already has the authority to blow station budget on extra guns at qm anytime they please

could be nice for summoning in extra loyalty implants i guess, so long as its enabled in every mode so it doesnt give the mode away.

You never get the chance to do that though, the second a rev spots you(If the QMs not already a rev) they'll alert the horde and you get swarmed before you get a chance to open the damn crate.
Here's the first thing, The heads NEED to traitors during rev rounds, I'm sick of being a head who is forced to hold my hand against the suspicous assistant till he pulls out his stun-baton and attacks me.

Make it so the heads and security can kill anyone they want during rev rounds to balance it out
How about during rev rounds ONLY Heads and sec are counted as traitors but sec have a small chance to be chosen as rev leaders later on.
I agree with the whole make heads traitors during Rev thing. I would also be fine with heads being much more violent against revolutions than they tend to be these days. I thought NT command staff are supposed to be tyrannical if somewhat ineffective dictators.
Yeah, that definitely seems to work. Hell, the heads going on a murderous rampage even gives justification for people to join the revolution!

Ever Rev round where I die as head (and know its Rev) tends to be because I'm too unwilling to randomly gun down some sketchy person who I keep bumping into, only for them to finally get close enough to stun me and ensure my unavoidable death.
After forcing a few rev rounds recently, I guess I change my "bring back rev" to "bring back rev after someone's had a chance to mess with it a bit"

Which is kind of where we're already at.
(12-11-2016, 01:52 AM)misto Wrote: although the idea of nanotrasen hacking together a bastardized version of traitor pda weapon-summoning functions for station heaads is funny, command already has the authority to blow station budget on extra guns at qm anytime they please

I'm not sure if a strike team composed of dead players would be the gooniest answer to rev, but I feel like it might discourage some players from mayhemming if a NT response was proportional to the percentage of dead players.

Kill everything and everybody and maybe have an admin intercede with a group of machoman tasked with "teaching the rude revs some respect"

Don't kill most of the crew and the worst threat they'll send is extra security officers, or maybe some rev detecting doggies to sniff out the crimers and ne'er do wells.

I'm kind of partial to the idea that centcom brings back dead players that are supposed to act like rev detecting dogs. Maybe retaining the option to steal flashes to chew on.
So, we would make all the heads traitors, but what would be stopping them from just massacring the crew at roundstart, making it less of a revolution and more of a "oh the heads are traitors lynch lynch lynch".
well don't tell them the heads are traitors at roundstart for one