Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
bring back rev
¡Viva la Revolución!
Why not be able to re-brainwash brainwashed crew back to NanoTrasen loyalty? Also, more incentive to join the NanoTrasen side! The Rev's would have to use whatever scrap, improvised weapons, and the extremely rare actual weapon they could find. NanoTrasen loyalists and Heads would get all the goodies and fun toys! Also, simply offering yourself to be brainwashed should be against the rules. Admin rules. It doesn't make sense either in RP and it's a gamebreaking exploit.
I still really like rev, if it come sup rarely enough.
The best Rev round I've seen was on Destiny, where heads were told to be tyrannical leaders and make life miserable for our crew. Mid round, after some beatings were handed out, rev leaders were designated and the revolution slowly built from there.

Round ended with myself, as CE, welding the doors of the escape shuttle closed and fighting off attackers who managed to break through the window. It was quite engaging for the entire crew and gave an actual reason for the mutiny.

I could see having the idea behind rev rounds shift focus, where the heads are the "antags" who have authority and the support of the security team on their side. Their objective: ruining people's lives within the boundaries of the law until rev leaders are appointed at a later time.
(12-07-2016, 07:59 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: The best Rev round I've seen was on Destiny, where heads were told to be tyrannical leaders and make life miserable for our crew. Mid round, after some beatings were handed out, rev leaders were designated and the revolution slowly built from there.

Round ended with myself, as CE, welding the doors of the escape shuttle closed and fighting off attackers who managed to break through the window. It was quite engaging for the entire crew and gave an actual reason for the mutiny.

I could see having the idea behind rev rounds shift focus, where the heads are the "antags" who have authority and the support of the security team on their side. Their objective: ruining people's lives within the boundaries of the law until rev leaders are appointed at a later time.
Yeah that was a round of DoD, I was the HoS and I had loads of fun being a dictator and fighting off the waves of attackers sieging sec, only to die valiantly defending the shuttle against peasant scum.
Personally, I would remove the giant R's on every Rev. It makes it far too easy for them to cooperate and overwhelm the heads. No communication is even necessary when you can clearly see who your allies are and you all have the same objective.

Removing the R indicator, or maybe just having it on rev heads, means that the revolution actually has to work out a way to communicate and make a plan rather than murdering anyone without an indicator. It also means that mass-revolutions could be a little less desirable, as a large uncoordinated mob is likely to attack each other rather than the Heads.
give the rev heads a rev pda function that spawns in copies of whatever clothing item they choose and wearing this item becomes the new mark of the revolutionary rather than little r on sprite. of course, there will need to be forgiveness instated for heads and loyalists that gun down anyone wearing the item while not brainwashed
(12-07-2016, 03:57 PM)misto Wrote: give the rev heads a rev pda function that spawns in copies of whatever clothing item they choose and wearing this item becomes the new mark of the revolutionary rather than little r on sprite. of course, there will need to be forgiveness instated for heads and loyalists that gun down anyone wearing the item while not brainwashed

This is actually a pretty fun and cool idea

It'd be kind of hilarious to use the HoS' uniform as the symbol of the revolution
(12-07-2016, 04:27 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 03:57 PM)misto Wrote: give the rev heads a rev pda function that spawns in copies of whatever clothing item they choose and wearing this item becomes the new mark of the revolutionary rather than little r on sprite. of course, there will need to be forgiveness instated for heads and loyalists that gun down anyone wearing the item while not brainwashed

This is actually a pretty fun and cool idea

It'd be kind of hilarious to use the HoS' uniform as the symbol of the revolution

That actually sounds really fun
(12-07-2016, 03:51 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Personally, I would remove the giant R's on every Rev. It makes it far too easy for them to cooperate and overwhelm the heads.  No communication is even necessary when you can clearly see who your allies are and you all have the same objective.

Removing the R indicator, or maybe just having it on rev heads, means that the revolution actually has to work out a way to communicate and make a plan rather than murdering anyone without an indicator. It also means that mass-revolutions could be a little less desirable, as a large uncoordinated mob is likely to attack each other rather than the Heads.

god no

this is the major shortcoming of spy mode 

you have no idea who's with who and you might accidentally end up killing one of your teammates and it just ends up turning into a giant deathmatch
(12-07-2016, 08:07 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(12-07-2016, 03:51 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: Personally, I would remove the giant R's on every Rev. It makes it far too easy for them to cooperate and overwhelm the heads.  No communication is even necessary when you can clearly see who your allies are and you all have the same objective.

god no

this is the major shortcoming of spy mode 

you have no idea who's with who and you might accidentally end up killing one of your teammates and it just ends up turning into a giant deathmatch

The biggest shortcoming of spy mode was masters would just arm up their mindslaves and order them to kill anything that moves.
(12-07-2016, 07:59 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: The best Rev round I've seen was on Destiny, where heads were told to be tyrannical leaders and make life miserable for our crew. Mid round, after some beatings were handed out, rev leaders were designated and the revolution slowly built from there.

I agree with this. Give heads and Sec a good opportunity to be nasty and let it run from there
(12-07-2016, 10:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:

I agree with this. Give heads and Sec a good opportunity to be nasty and let it run from there

I kinda like the idea of creating a revolt via RP.

I think the idea of having the game pick the rev leaders much later then the actual bad heads, people would have a reason to focus their attacks on security and only fight people who get in their way, rather then just killing everybody.

Plus it would prevent the problem of people thinking every time a head acts out it's a rev round. Make them wait for any proof of it being rev rather then just using the chaos to grief.

edit: I just thought of a kind of (admittedly stupid) different idea, one that could introduce more confusion to rev rounds but might be fun on special occasions.

So in the party game mafia, sometimes there's a neutral role such as a crazy person or wearwolf or whatever who's sole purpose is to live at the end of the round and he or she can kill anybody to do that.

So what if, the Crew had loyalists that couldn't be turned, but the revs and loyalists also had a rare third enemy, the anarchist. Anarchists job is to kill the rev heads, and kill the heads, with the sole purpose of taking on both parties in order to win the round. Anarchist has no other allies. It would connect to the whole Mafia spirit of the game if there's one dedicated Fool role whose sole purpose is to screw everyone else up and pull that off without getting caught.

Basically this guy but in SS13 form http://epicmafia.wikia.com/wiki/Killer

I mean it wouldn't do much to solve the problem of rev being a murder fest, but it would be entertaining knowing that at one player can take advantage of the fray to come out on top, and end up beating both the revs and the crew.
I will bring up this thread again, making Revolution a sort of capture the flag mode would be pretty cool.
I remember playing rev on /tg/ based servers. It was awful there and I don't know how different it was on there compared to here. All I can say is that we need more robust security, if this game mode ever gets added again. Also loyalty implants are a bonus. I would rather not see rev mode added, but would love to see unique game modes added. Anything that isn't the typical changling or secret round. Something to spice things up would be nice.