Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Christmas Crackers!
it's that time of year, so how better to make loud noises and knock over cutlery than pulling some Christmas crackers!

Maybe they could work in a similar way to the me"give" command, when clicking on someone with a cracker it creates a prompt asking if they want to pull a cracker with you. Or perhaps trying to disarm someone of a cracker pulls it? 

Comes complete with a cheap plastic toy, party hat and utterly awful joke.
oh man
just give me your christmas crackers so i can sell them on the ge
the hell is a christmas cracker
(12-06-2016, 01:28 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: the hell is a christmas cracker

have to agree here

what
I Think THIS is what they are talking about.
Hi there, British citizen living in America here, so I can confirm that Crazyabe's assumption is correct.

I'm having my first Christmas sans-crackers this year, life will never be the same.

Idea spawned from this one.

Christmas crackers would have (by default) a single unit of silver fulminate. Pulling the cracker would be the equivalent of splashing it on something in terms of the reaction, so you could inject the crackers with other chems that react on splashing as well.
Huh, this ISN'T a normal thing in america? My family had them nearly every year when I was a kid, I had no idea they weren't a common thing over here. Huh.
Well you're weird, obv. Only reason I know about em' is because I played runescape back in 2000~ or so.
I never even stopped to consider that this wasn't a thing outside Ireland. Like, christmas crackers are the quintessential christmas thing. They're so bad they're good. That stupid paper hat and penguin-bar level jokes. That's what they should contain actually. Wearable paper crowns (that will light on fire at any given moment) and a piece of paper containing agonizingly bad puns.
They're also very SS13. Something that explodes AND gives you a present?

Edit: You also can't pull the christmas cracker by yourself, and will be told that you are a lonely greedy person if you do.
(12-06-2016, 05:35 PM)Sundance Wrote: I never even stopped to consider that this wasn't a thing outside Ireland. Like, christmas crackers are the quintessential christmas thing. They're so bad they're good.  That stupid paper hat and penguin-bar level jokes. That's what they should contain actually. Wearable paper crowns (that will light on fire at any given moment) and a piece of paper containing agonizingly bad puns.
They're also very SS13. Something that explodes AND gives you a present?

Edit: You also can't pull the christmas cracker by yourself, and will be told that you are a lonely greedy person if you do.

They should also be discount dan branded and have a minute chance to explode with enough force to blow your arm off
Man, I was always aware of their existence, but my family never had Christmas crackers. Now that I think about it, I only really knew about them through popular media.