Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robusting Tips
Flash + Strangle. An unused combination by many that I use, and its MUCH less messy.
(12-10-2016, 05:51 AM)UmbraDrake Wrote: Flash + Strangle. An unused combination by many that I use, and its MUCH less messy.

Sometimes they'll have a hat, so a slightly more reliable if louder and less elegant way would be to swap out the strangling with an extinguisher and just stunlock your victim with flashes and extinguishing. If RNG is on your side, as it was for the one guy who did this to me once, you'll get more than enough flashes out of your flash to last into crit.
I always just beat them down (head targeted) after a stun/flash. Once out of stamina, the undrugged stay down unless something has changed or I've just been extremely lucky.

Oh, and one that was probably mentioned but I'll mention it again: When someone is prone you only need a level-one grab to toss them. This means stunlock for those underdrugged.
(12-10-2016, 05:51 AM)UmbraDrake Wrote: Flash + Strangle. An unused combination by many that I use, and its MUCH less messy.

Laaaaame. For those who want to be robust, but don't want to rely on nerd stuns to rule the station then get prepared for Bone Lord's Kustom blend!

20u crank
20u methamphetamine
20u mannitol
20u ephedrine
20u omnizine
20u of whatever maybe saline glucose or something. Epinephrine works nicely here.

Now toss all that into a watering can and there you go! Fist fight security officers and win!

Now you may be saying, lambskin I'm a shit chemist how the heck can I make all that before the round ends? Let me show you friend.

At round start go to the space diner. Cut out the limbs and organs of the folks there. Then bring those lovely organs to the faint signal to sell to the merchant there. Buy an injector belt, plus maybe an 02 medkit if you want salbutamonol instead of saline glucose for the wildcard Chem. Head back to the space diner and buy some crank and meth from that sketchy fucker in the back. Head to the Russian derelict after to put your chems together. Usin the strange seeds there will almost always give you a plant that gives you omnizine, use a different Chem if you can't get it. Also grow some asomna for ephedrine. If you followed this guide then the only chems you should need to make is mannitol and saline glucose, both are easy as piss to make.

Set your injector belt for incapacitation and have it inject 5u or so every 4-5 seconds. This will largely let you ignore tasers and stun batons, and since stuns are the worst you will find yourself enjoying traitor rounds much more often.

Remember, someone injecting you with calomel or shooting you with the tranq gun will ruin your day using this tactic.
Apparently you can cripple a wizard by throwing a glass of acid at them. Which is a reasonable response to getting hit with a glass of acid.
Unless the wizard's got an extra hat in their backpack. In which case you've merely made him angry.
(12-12-2016, 12:24 AM)Grek Wrote: Unless the wizard's got an extra hat in their backpack. In which case you've merely made him angry.

Also a reasonable response to getting hit with a glass of acid.

Course, you could just keep throwing acid at him, that's always fun.
Get your hands on mechanized boots.
NO REGRETS.
a sweater, some slippers, any ol' hat, boxing gloves and a gas mask? Voila, functioning ghetto space suit.
(12-12-2016, 08:12 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: Get your hands on mechanized boots.
NO REGRETS.

Sprint 2 screens down a hall into a crusher. Regret everything.
Those AI shells, the little floating round blue ones? They are actually really weak to pretty much anything other than your fists. Getting stabbed by one? Pull out the hardest object you have (which should always be a fire extinguisher), stand your ground and beat it until it explodes into motor oil and scrap.
(12-26-2016, 11:11 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: Those AI shells, the little floating round blue ones? They are actually really weak to pretty much anything other than your fists. Getting stabbed by one? Pull out the hardest object you have (which should always be a fire extinguisher), stand your ground and beat it until it explodes into motor oil and scrap.
Cappuccino-induced memory: I once watched an AI shell solo a well-kitted, veteran changeling. You could trace the battle by the following the bloody space tiles.

It was pretty glorious.
changelings dont tend to use fire extinguishers. also ai shells are pretty dang fast and if they care enough, impossible to click
I withheld, thinking smeone else would point this out... this one separates the veterans from the rookies:

Never chase people with your weapon in your hand! Also, don't patrol (as sec) with a baton or gun in your hands.

There will always be a puddle, oil, or a banana in the way and when you slip up, that person you were chasing is going to grab your gun or baton and use it against you. Wait until you have the drop on them and THEN draw and fire.
(12-27-2016, 05:46 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I withheld, thinking smeone else would point this out... this one separates the veterans from the rookies:

Never chase people with your weapon in your hand! Also, don't patrol (as sec) with a baton or gun in your hands.

There will always be a puddle, oil, or a banana in the way and when you slip up, that person you were chasing is going to grab your gun or baton and use it against you. Wait until you have the drop on them and THEN draw and fire.

THIS ∧∧∧

Detectives especially, i see far too many detectives who keep their guns in their hand literally all shift, or until it gets stolen. Also speaking of slipping, carrying a banana peel or similar thing can be really handy, for making nerds drop their stuff as mentioned above. Try dropping one as you run, especially as a clown!