Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robusting Tips
If you're a medical doctor, your PDA can summon the porta-nanomed. This can make you near-immortal at times, and even permits you to survive being spaced.

Conversily, if you're Traitor McMurderface and find yourself attacking a medical doctor, you have to watch them die to ensure that they won't use the porta-nanomed to come back for revenge later on.
Also you can get a mag of .308 ammo by the beginning of the organic ship and some traitor donkey pockets deeper inside of it and something cool the mds rifle can use the .308 rounds so if you grab them you pretty much got a free hunting rifle and no on can tell well till it's too late perfect for a traitor md
A warrior is a carpenter, building a house for the enemy to live in. The house is defeat.

Allow me to explain: should you come across a wall that blocks your way, use it as one of the four walls of the house. The house is defeat.
Wage a war of attrition. If you cannot defeat your opponent, defeat his friends. Make his existence suffering, whether that be mental, physical or even environmental. Humiliate him. And when the moment comes to fruition and all his bridges are burned, annihilate him.

-Tun Szu, 5th century BC (before Centcomm)
(12-06-2016, 08:24 AM)Mageziya Wrote: If you're a medical doctor, your PDA can summon the porta-nanomed. This can make you near-immortal at times, and even permits you to survive being spaced.

Conversily, if you're Traitor McMurderface and find yourself attacking a medical doctor, you have to watch them die to enusre that they won't use the porta-nanomed to come back for revenge later on.

That darn magical vending machine has saved my life so many times. You can even get the remote as a regular crew member by buying a doctor's PDA cartridge from the cartridge vendor.
Only the callow rise to insults. Save your boiling blood for battle.
Mutini's are nice to have if you drink some you can get some neat mutations so if you have the dna menu open some select one of the mutations before they dissapear you can use it its even better with ones that you target with since it will work even if the mutation dissapeared as long as you have the target cursor up
Pipe bombs are pretty big! They don't really fit much of anywhere.

A mousetrap-pipe bomb though? That's pretty small and can fit in boxes smaller than you'd expect!
While a warrior lives, the battle never truly ends.
(12-06-2016, 01:59 PM)Gannets Wrote: While a warrior lives, the battle never truly ends.

What if everyone's dead? What if the Syndies nuked us?
Then that one guy who was off station lives
Being robust enough to murder an entire security force with a spoon is a good trait.

"What is even better though, is if you can avoid battle entirely by abusing the art of surprise, picking your enemies off one by one with quick shock attacks and escaping back into obscurity." - The man with the glowing blue hair that is visible literally anywhere on screen through any clothing.
I think that e-guns are arguably better murderguns than Spackers. Why?

Going off of the released code, a Spacker blast of buckshot does 80 brute damage between point blank and 3 tiles away, after which it loses 20 damage per every 3 tiles it travels (or it travels another 3 tiles before it loses damage, I dunno). This means it'll put an unarmored human into crit with 2 shots and kill them in about 8 within 3 tiles, adding another 2 shots to kill up to 6 tiles, and several more as distance increases. It also causes a buttload of stun if your target is within 9 tiles, blows them across the room if they're within 3 tiles, and at any range causes them to bleed all over the place. It can fire 8 shots before needing to reload, which can be done quickly on the spot if you have ammo.

The damage and stun is reduced, from what I can tell, by 1/3 if you're wearing a biosuit, 1/2 in an armor vest, by 3/5 in the captain's armor or an armored biosuit, and by 2/3 in the EOD suit or an armored paramedic suit(!). It is also very loud and unmistakable for anything else, is available only to traitors and those who hunt them, and has a neat suicide for when you get bored of killing people.

I'm not going to talk about the explosive shells because those are just unfair, also I haven't made sense of the explosion code yet.

An Energy Gun's laser bolt does 60 burn damage between point blank and 6 tiles away, after which it loses 5 damage per 6 tiles it travels. This means it'll take 2 shots to put a human in crit and kill them within around 12ish shots between 0 and 18 tiles. The gun can fire about 8 of these before the battery runs out, which can only be recharged at a powered charging station. The bolt can also fly through windows, has a 9/10 chance to hit people lying on the ground (or 1/10, one of those), and glows a pretty red.

The damage, as far as I'm aware, cannot be reduced by armor, though I think gene-dweebs with Thermal Resistance can ignore the damage. It can also shoot taser zaps, which I forget if it uses less energy this way. Its fairly quiet and sounds like any other energy weapon, including Security's and the AI's taser, and the station starts with at least two of them, either of which can be scanned and mass produced with, I think, a regular old device scanner.

While it may do less damage and be far less spectacular than the Spacker, what I think puts the e-gun ahead in most practical applications is its combination of versatility, armor-piercing damage, and relative ease to obtain (just knock over the captain). If you manage to make a bunch of them in Mechanics, you can load up your backpack with e-guns and run around with more or less infinite ammo, able to shoot two of them at once and put anyone who gets anywhere near you into crit with one click. And it kills the fuck outta blobs.

I remember one night when Nora Tram managed to murder half the station with a flash and a backpack full of e-guns. They'd flash someone, drag 'em somewhere vaguely secluded, then unload a pair of e-guns into that person. Death happened within seconds and it was hilarious.

Again, this is all data pulled from the public release, so it might not be completely accurate, but it should be close enough to make sense.
Also, this thread.
The war doesn't care how it was won, so warriors must use any tool at their disposal.