Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Bad Idea) Destiny First Aid Cabinets
What it says on the tin. 

First aid cabinets dotted throughout the Destiny, and possibly Clarion or other LLJK1 RP maps, would be pretty damn useful. While there tends to be competent medical staff, there is a dire lack of first aid supplies. These would be in hallways and be stocked with general basic medicines and kits.

They could contain:

1 first aid kit
1 special kit that contains one thing from each kit (salbutamol, mannitol, patches, charcoal, etc.)
1 random kit
Bandages

Now, the reason why this on LLJK2 would be a bit of an issue (in my eyes) is that they'd immediately be ransacked and would never be of use. On LLJK1 it adds a nice RP feel and lets the crew let their crewmates not die from stupidity, usually... Also a competent Medbay could restock them.

ALSO! MANUFACTURING BLANK MEDKITS FROM MEDICAL MANUFACTURERS! Please... It'd help the Roboticist and allows for custom medkits as well as restocking medkits using chemistry. 

Thoughts?
As a regular member of the medical department on LLJK1, we have little enough to do as it is without people self-treating even more than they already do.

Big no from me. Cargo can get more first aid kids in for a low cost if you really need/want them.
There's absolutely no shortage of medical supplies on Destiny. There are four medkits that start in the main halls, engineering and research both have burn and toxin kits, and there are probably more that I'm forgetting. If you feel like you may need more medical supplies, then I'm sure whoever's in the medical department would be able to spare some between the NanoMed, two ProMeds, and the pharmacy. All this would do is make medical staff even less important.
Makes sense. I'll just mark this thread as a bad idea or whatever.