Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
have there be some way to make the station into meatstation/hemera
as the subject suggests i think it'd be cool for an antag or an overzealous scientist to cause some kind of catastrophic fuckup to slowly turn the station into something resembling the hemera station (fucked up hellhole being claimed by the void with transposed scientists lurking around every corner) and the meat station (filled with meat monsters and the airlocks becoming fleshy and full of teeth that clamp down on you)

perhaps for the voidstation idea, you would have to wear both the black armor and obsidian crown which would render you as a playable lich with the ability to convert corpses into transposed monster people and convert the floor to void tiles.

and for the meatstation, maybe it could be a joint effort between the chef and engineering and research (as i recall i think at the end of meatstation there's a blobmonster sitting over some type of engine or turbine or something) that could cause a disturbance with the telesci computer and cause it to warp in the chef and a monster burger that coalesce into the aforementioned flesh-blob-monster which converts the tile it spawns on into a meat one that slowly turns the floor, walls, and airlocks into their meaty variant. and maybe have the pool become a pool of digestive juices if it gets that far.
i doubt the BYOND or the server would like this very much, but its a cool idea!
Both of those are kinda doable already through the Solarium bad end(s) but I agree that it would be a cool idea.

It sounds more like a DoD thing though.
(12-01-2016, 05:21 AM)grumpchkin Wrote: Both of those are kinda doable already through the Solarium bad end(s) but I agree that it would be a cool idea.

It sounds more like a DoD thing though.

Oh yeah, Forgot solarium did basically the same thing. Nevermind my technical questioning, then.
Meatstation: Basically meaty kudzu (that you could walk over), with a chance to spawn meaty spawners. They don't have to be lethal. Ideally it'd be something hard to accomplish, but worthwhile for both traitor and nerd. So I guess an option to make it lethal.

Voidstation: Armor, crown, read KIY and jump into a max PTL. Maybe something to do with telecrystal, since that's part of the lore. Growing void tiles, void critters, spooky noises, etc. Again, should be doable for both traitors and nerds so I guess non-hostile critters unless something special is done.
maybe Meat Mode should be triggered by some sort of QGP-Life combination or something else nefariously difficult
or like, a more mutagenic version of synthflesh that converts tiles to meatstation equivalents, large amounts splashed on an existing tile could spawn meatspawners/deco tiles

EDIT: Part of why I like cult modes in other servers' codebases is I like the station getting gradually corrupted and twisted rather than all changed at once, so a meat spread/void spread would be fucking neat, maybe even as some sort of turf warmode
wizards/evil scientists spreading the void, changelings or some other freak of nature spreading the meat
There was an unimplemented secret chem in the vode that would voidify any time it was splashed on and spawn void monsters, etc. It was a neat idea though I agree with the reason for not implementing it (turbonerds).

As for meatstation I remember admins ran an event like that once. Tiles turned into meat tiles, meat monsters spawned and eventually everyone turned into changelings with the objective to eat each other. It would be fun if players could pull that off, though it would have to be fairly complex, otherwise people would just do it every round.
what about a way to help the bees transform the station into beehive tile station, and martian ambassador secret mission to turn it into martian organic station