Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Add welding fuel to chem dispensers
Just a little pet peeve and I don't really understand why they're not dispensable already. I know it's not to limit the amount of welding fuel available, as there is a ton, especially in those hand held tanks that hold 400 units. So other than slowing people down, I really don't understand why it can't just be dispensed straight from the machine.
It's to slow people down.
Makes it a little harder to mass produce things.
Well, I'd support this but only if chemical reactions took time to happen, due to mass production without the time limits. For example, when mixing space drugs, it'd take about a second for 5 units to be made. Space drugs isn't dangerous, but can be easily made into Neurotoxin. And when neurotoxin is heated to its reaction point, it should take 2 seconds for 5 units to be made.
would be a great idea

as a barman when i try to make stuff often times i need welding fuel which is incredibly difficult to get as the barman has only bar access and it's even worse since the hop is never around
barman has access to the tool shed in arrivals, do not put welding fuel in chem dispensers please
I can't see this happening without a lot of major chems being reworked, and pipe bombs being rejiggered to be more difficult to make.
The barman can get welding fuel "on lljk2 at least" easy just go into catering maint and to your right there should be a welding fuel tank.
Yeah the whole point of it not being in the dispensers is what you said yourself, to slow things down.
There's fuel available in the publically accessible pod bays for both maps. 4.8k on Destiny, 8k+ on Cog2.
You guys are very specific about welding fuel. It just seems odd to me, like putting plasma in a tank as well. That would slow people down too, if that's your goal. They're both widely used ingredients.
Many, if not most of the really fun chems need welding fuel to make, and in most of those cases welding fuel mixed with other chems that are then mixed with *more* welding fuel. It makes the sicker nastier chems require a bit more effort than pasting in a group and pressing a button.
Nope, it's not in the dispensers for a reason, and it's not getting added.