Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traitor Item - Addiction Injector
*Better title pending because I'm lazy.*
Addictions suck and they make it makes people's lives miserable. Traitors also intend to make people's lives miserable.
Super Cool High Tech Addiction Injector Thing
Basically it's this cool injector that has an agent that will mix with whatever reagent you put it with and, when injected into someone, will make them addicted to that reagent. You could mix it with spiders and inject it into someone and now they'll need spiders every now and then.
I guess this can be counteracted super easily by putting someone in a sleeper, maybe it could put the addiction stage to 3/5 automatically, which could be used to get someone out of the way for quite a while until their addiction goes away.
Alternatively they could be injecting pure love into themselves to fix their pure love addiction while chasing you down with a taser, that's entertaining.
Post your thoughts.
(11-30-2016, 09:16 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: *Better title pending because I'm lazy.*
Addictions suck and they make it makes people's lives miserable. Traitors also intend to make people's lives miserable.
Super Cool High Tech Addiction Injector Thing
Basically it's this cool injector that has an agent that will mix with whatever reagent you put it with and, when injected into someone, will make them addicted to that reagent. You could mix it with spiders and inject it into someone and now they'll need spiders every now and then.
I guess this can be counteracted super easily by putting someone in a sleeper, maybe it could put the addiction stage to 3/5 automatically, which could be used to get someone out of the way for quite a while until their addiction goes away.
Alternatively they could be injecting pure love into themselves to fix their pure love addiction while chasing you down with a taser, that's entertaining.
Post your thoughts.

I really like this idea, but i also think that it could be abused really easily by making people addicted to Sarin or some other bullshit poison, because you'd end up with it inside your system with you having to take more of it to not get fucked over by addiction

I think you'd have to balance it by making it so that it can only add <5u of any given reagent, to prevent people getting fucked over by a shitton of chems or by a disease reagent
(11-30-2016, 09:41 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: I really like this idea, but i also think that it could be abused really easily by making people addicted to Sarin or some other bullshit poison, because you'd end up with it inside your system with you having to take more of it to not get fucked over by addiction

I think you'd have to balance it by making it so that it can only add <5u of any given reagent, to prevent people getting fucked over by a shitton of chems or by a disease reagent
Maybe there's a limited amount of the addiction agent or something, but yeah the chamber that holds the target reagent should be a very low amount that won't trigger it's effects.
(11-30-2016, 09:45 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 09:41 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: I really like this idea, but i also think that it could be abused really easily by making people addicted to Sarin or some other bullshit poison, because you'd end up with it inside your system with you having to take more of it to not get fucked over by addiction

Maybe there's a limited amount of the addiction agent or something, but yeah the chamber that holds the target reagent should be a very low amount that won't trigger it's effects.

I'd say have it be cheap, 1-2tc, but also have it be one use
This is already pre-balanced, because if I wanted to inject you with 5u of prions, you'd die either way, addiction or no.
So making people addicted to sarin isnt a horrible thing, though since it would kill the victim eventually, sarin wouldn't be the rudest way to use this thing since it would eventually cure the patient of their addiction with death.

Now sugar or alcohol on the other hand, is a real bitch in huge quantities. Making somebody choose between hypergylcemic shock and the puking shakes is dastardly.
a sleepypen and a fuel jug full of all the pills from the ??? pill bottles you can find will make people addicted to loads of junk and probably also mutated and on fire

i see that you want the device to be a nuisance rather than a strictly highly effective death dealer

make it a green diamond shaped traitor device that turns on someones needs motives (food, sleep, etc) and makes them tick down at an accelerated rate. if this is judged too evil, it can wear off eventually like how mindslave implants do
(11-30-2016, 10:05 AM)misto Wrote: make it a green diamond shaped traitor device that turns on someones needs motives (food, sleep, etc) and makes them tick down at an accelerated rate. if this is judged too evil, it can wear off eventually like how mindslave implants do
So many mentorhelps
"how i pee help me"
That's not to say it doesn't happen on RP 1 already, and it's funny.