Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Updating the CheMaster 3000 and Beakers
CHEMASTER 3000

So I've been playing on a bunch of other servers lately and one thing I liked from the other codebases was how their CheMasters were set up. The CheMasters themselves have their own chemical buffer and you transfer chemicals from your beaker to the buffer, which you can then use to make pills, bottles, etc. It seems that just about every codebase follows this set up, because it allows for more precise chem separation and mixing.

[Image: gk7ii3O.png]

The above picture is the tgstation CheMaster menu, which I prefer because of its straightforward layout.

I.e., I have 90u of bromine in my beaker and I want three 10u bromine pills. I just transfer 30u of the bromine to the buffer, select multiple pills, and set it for 10u each. Simple as that.

BEAKERS

I'm not a fan of baycode, but one of the things I believe they got right was their beakers. Instead of 100u and 50u, they are 120u and 60u. Just a simple, but nice change, because most chems have 3 or 4 ingredients. 120u and 60u are just a bit easier to work with because of this.

Any thoughts?