Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spicing things up on Extended
Just a simple little idea.

Maybe on Extended gamemode (with a toggle feature in the admin control panel thing or whatever they use), there's a 25% chance for a hardmode traitor to be selected. These antagonists would have a very low chance of being heads, scientists, doctors, and engineers. 

Also, if the RNG doesn't want antags, there could be a 50% chance for miscreants to be randomly selected. The miscreant count would be based on server population, possibly as a 1:5 ratio of miscreants to normal crew.

This would spice things up a little bit on the Destiny, but not make things just pure chaos. Also the hardmode traitors would be encouraged to, instead of just outright BOMBING shit using stolen supplies, have fun and do cool or gimmicky or interesting stuff. Trials are always fun!

What do you guys think?
I'd go so far to say that perhaps "extended" doesn't necessaraly have to mean no antagonists whatsoever.

The idea with "extended" is in the name: It's LLJK 2 on the slow burn. Then perhaps from that angle, antagonists could also be on the slow burn.

Complete hairbrained idea: From round start: 30-40 minutes, a random player is selected to become an antagonist. The antagonist is entirely depending on player population.
Below 10 players = Miscreant.
10 players = Hardmode traitor
15 player = Above or Vampire or Traitor
15+ players = Above or Changeling.
Anything over 25 players, there's normally a admin there, so if he or she wants to spawn a Wizard or Wraith or Blob (one of the more disruptive types) then they could do so at their leisure.

There's also a small chance for a hard mode traitor to spawn at round start

After another 30-40 minutes, it will add another antagonist depending on population. This could mean over a 120 minute round there could be 2-3 antagonists, but done in an incremental fashion, rather than LLJK 2's all-at-once, in-your-face, explosions. The crew could handle this better I would feel.

Also due to the random nature of being picked as an antagonist, players who are chosen are completely allowed to opt out and not be bad, they simply can chose to continue their work if they so choose.

Maybe if people don't like this idea, perhaps it could be a seperate mode, like "extended antagonist" or w/e
(11-29-2016, 10:41 AM)Sundance Wrote: Complete hairbrained idea: From round start: 30-40 minutes, a random player is selected to become an antagonist. The antagonist is entirely depending on player population.
Below 10 players = Miscreant.
10 players = Hardmode traitor
15 player = Above or Vampire or Traitor
15+ players = Above or Changeling.
Anything over 25 players, there's normally a admin there, so if he or she wants to spawn a Wizard or Wraith or Blob (one of the more disruptive types) then they could do so at their leisure.

After another 30-40 minutes, it will add another antagonist depending on population. This could mean over a 120 minute round there could be 2-3 antagonists, but done in an incremental fashion, rather than LLJK 2's all-at-once, in-your-face, explosions. The crew could handle this better I would feel.

These are both pretty good ideas, ive been wanting at the very least miscreants for a long time. the only thing i would say (if we were to go with sundance's idea) is the 30-40 min increment should just be 60 min. rp 1 players are not the most robust, but they are pretty crafty.
I'm massively against changing the current extended game mode, simply because sometimes you want a no-antag/miscreant round (to the point where I simply log off if people are being turds when I'm in the mood for working on a secret chem recipe or trying some long-term project).

I'd be okay with an "Extended Plus" round or whatever with miscreants instead of traitors. I think the ratio should be closer to 1:10 rather than 1:5. I could get behind some hard-mode traitors for a spicier round, perhaps 1:10 miscreants and 1:15 hard-mode traitors. I would not want regular traitors/changelings/vampires/etc., that's basically just playing secret. If you want that sort of mode build off of secret rather than extended.

I'd be agreeable to a lighter form of what Sundance suggested (and have seen suggested before), with this "secret-lite" basically being "secret" with regular extended as one of the options, and weighted such that the less-OP rounds are less likely (something like 50% regular extended, 25% hard-mode traitor, 15% traitor, 5% vampire, 2% changeling, 2% wizard, 1% nuke-ops). Blobs don't really belong at all on LLJK1 as they essentially dominate the ship unless the relatively low-pop crew is being robust, in which case they're not really RPing and why are we on LLJK1 now?
It could perhaps be limited with the amount of security a station has, as they will be pretty hard to deal with without a security.