Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Back in the Game - Worth It?
Is Goonstation still worth getting into? I'm asking this as a veteran from 2011-2015. I personally lost all interest around the time Cogmap 2 rolled out. I've tried getting back into it, but the mechanics seem much different than when I was here during the late 2014 and early 2015. 

ps Did Urs Dungeon ever come back?
no we're awful tbh
You can shave bees now. YOU BE THE JUDGE.
The biggest change in attitude that you have to get through when going cog1 -> cog2 is the idea that maintenance corridors and spacewalking aren't essential pathways of travel any more. You can go where you want and even if a main corridor is blown up, you can take the long way around and get there without ever leaving the comfort of 20C/1hPa.
But once you get that, both Cog2 and Destiny are good maps with all the fun you'd expect of 2015 Goonstation servers. Yeah there is some new stuff, but SS13 is about learning that new stuff at your own pace. So really there is just more stuff to do.
Have you found the 'all-new radio shack' yet?
There's been some pretty big changes in the last year, so yeah. It's worth poking your head in.

Cog2 is just a square donut.
If you want some casual, slow, and sometimes real exciting fun, go onto the RP server. Haine's fantastic map "NSS Destiny" is a... cozy... vessel. The good thing about LLJK1 is that (most) people are sensible and fun times can be had. Though, I've only really been playing for a couple months now... I'm lovin' it though!
LLJK RP 1 has a second map coming out called the Clarion, which is also a ship, and it has four tile wide hallways (and the medbay is literally a runway). It's still in development, though, and probably won't be around until map rotation is implemented.
But yeah if you ever want to catch up on game mechanics just hop over to RP 1.
Alright, guess I'll drop back in one of these days.
Also, did the population drop severely? Goonhub only says 18 and 12 people are playing. I could've sworn these servers reached 40 as an average before, but w/e I like slower games.
(11-30-2016, 05:29 PM)asianmanfound Wrote: Alright, guess I'll drop back in one of these days.
Also, did the population drop severely? Goonhub only says 18 and 12 people are playing. I could've sworn these servers reached 40 as an average before, but w/e I like slower games.
Weekends usually see more players. LLJK 1 mostly reaches around 20 during that time, and LLJK 2 around 30+.
Welcome back!
LLJK 2 usually gets to about 40 everyday in the evenings, LLJK 1 up to about 20. On the weekends 2 can get to about 60 and 1 to around 30.