Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some General Suggestions, May be Shit.
#1 Make Everything Dropped out of a beaker Appear on the Floor.
       I mean we already have Piles of Salt and Pools of Urine, Recoloring the Piles and Puddles seems like it would be similar to how Beakers/Cups/Jugs/Ice cream Changes color to whatever is in it. Gasses I Don't Expect to Stay Around Either way.
#2 Allow us to Recycle Metal items.
       for example it is a Bit Annoying to get Rods knowing they are basically useless as the Material.
#3 Make the Loafer Scanable by Mechanics.
       Seems a Bit obvious right?
#4 Give the HOP a Implant Gun.
       Because he now has the Ability to Make What Amount to "Access Bullets".
#5 Make it Possible to Create Tools at the Forge.
       Because Who doesn't want a TeleCrystal and Gold Crowbar to show how Rich they are? Besides that it Would be good for when the Staff Assistants have Looted the Rest of the Tool Boxes Empty.

If any of this has been Suggested before, This is my First Time Making a Thread to Suggest things here.
You could ABC-U the loafer at one point, but that was taken out because people went overboard (guilty) with it. That was limited to 3 loafers, max. Scanning would allow constant production.

Sad to see it go, but I don't think that one is gonna come back.
i like the pile/puddle idea alot. say you step in it, and you can trail it like blood, or the chemical in the pile gives you a touch reaction, or you could scoop it off the floor, the possibilities are endless
most chemicals in the pile probably shouldnt trigger touch reactions unless youre barefoot. maybe a strong acid or very hot reagent could start melting your shoes off though.

i know that there is some degree of basic code in place for reagents to be placed on the floor as i distinctly remember making mischief by spraying fire extinguishers full of welding fuel around, thus making the entire room an invisible fire hazard ready to light up at a spark
Personally I'd use it to Put in Lines of Oil to Beakers of more Explosive Chemicals, But Melting People's Shoes off did occur to me.
You could repurpose those fart clouds you get with high decay digestion as spilt gasses.
Second on the HoP implant gun. Also, more tracking implants would be nice or can you already get those someplace other than sec?
Let the HoP hand out weapon permit implants that make Beepsky shut up about your flamethrower.
(11-26-2016, 03:13 AM)Grek Wrote: Let the HoP hand out weapon permit implants that make Beepsky shut up about your flamethrower.

HoS and maybe Captain, weapons are a security matter.
(11-25-2016, 11:14 PM)Scrumpys Wrote: Second on the HoP implant gun. Also, more tracking implants would be nice or can you already get those someplace other than sec?
I recall seeing a box on the table in the Bridge area, with implants, an implanter and gps's. But then the last time I was in there was before the Materials update. I didn't even know that you couldn't make basic tools from the crafting tables anymore.

Also yes to HoP implant gun, and ideally it should be in an 'non obvious location'. Why? Because I like the idea of black-market access-implants-implanters. If the HoP can just nail it into you from across the desk, right from the start, how are you supposed to sell it to some rich traitor? (meatball surgery, yes, but that is rather tedious and those implants expire, don't they)

(11-25-2016, 02:20 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: #1 Make Everything Dropped out of a beaker Appear on the Floor.
I like it, but this sounds complex to implement. I think it's a nice idea, but I recall reading reasons why it isn't.

(11-25-2016, 02:20 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: #2 Allow us to Recycle Metal items.
Scrap recycling has been a long standing request. And I don't know why it hasn't been implemented in spite of all those requests (probably because of the whole Materials update).
The "Scrap" objects mineing sometimes finds can be reclaimed, I Want to be able to convert rods (1/2 a plate each) and floor tiles (1/4th a plate each) back into bars.
(11-26-2016, 05:36 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: The "Scrap" objects mineing sometimes finds can be reclaimed, I Want to be able to convert rods (1/2 a plate each) and floor tiles (1/4th a plate each) back into bars.

That actually was a thing a while back, for floor tiles at least

Problem was, each floor tile you reclaimed would return one full bar of material

You can see why that's an issue