Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
..Minor, but you might want to limit the secbelt..
...so that it cannot carry more than 1 taser / stun baton per belt.
Currently, the belt functions like a normal toolbelt, in that it can carry small objects with the added functionality of being able to hold stun batons and tasers.
The latter functionality however also allows an officer to carry up to 6 tasers and/or batons per belt, which is a bit.. unfair? I feel it kind of throws inventory management out the window.

My suggestion would be that of the original thread where it was suggested: Let it carry a taser/stun baton, but only one. Perhaps expand upon this and allow it to carry any firearm, again limiting it to one. I know that the energy rifle can fit in there, and can the detectives revolver.

To reiterate my feelings on the matter, it's fairly minor. I'm quite happy this was implimented, inventory management was always a big issue for secoffs, and i'd rather take the current iteration of the belt than no belt at all, but at the same time would prefer if it was balanced.
its just the same thing as a fanny pack/funny pack/tactical syndicate fannypack isnt it, which is a backpack for the belt slot

isnt it?

if the clown can be trusted with a backpack for their belt slot then so can security officers, probably
(11-25-2016, 07:23 AM)misto Wrote: its just the same thing as a fanny pack/funny pack/tactical syndicate fannypack isnt it, which is a backpack for the belt slot

isnt it?

if the clown can be trusted with a backpack for their belt slot then so can security officers, probably

Nope! It's a toolbelt.

Clowns have their own set of rules imo crossarms
If sec belts are really a problem, so's the fanny pack in crew quarters.

I personally don't think either is a problem. Two stun batons isn't all that much better than one stun baton, and having a brace of tasers is only handy if you're fighting someone who can't shoot back - if they also have a taser too, you're not going to have time to run out of shots before someone is stunned.
I Personally Use Utility Belts to Store Grenades, So Sec Belts Holding Guns Is a Massive development as it means I can Store More Stored Weapons in my Backpack.

Now to hope I'll be able to Get on at home and try this out.
Yes, I also feel that security should be limited to 1 taser and 1 stun baton, because the traitors deffo only have one weapon.
Even the description says it can only hold one baton and one taser. I agree wholeheartedly.
Alternatively, allow officers to do as they please, but any shithead running around with a belt full of tazers and a backpack full of batons could get a lecture.

I mean, I'm looking at this from the perspective of the lone secoff. It doesn't hurt to be able to grab a -second- tazer for situations like that.
I'm all for people just using their heads for the situation at hand. Don't be a jerk and try to become a 1 man armory.
You can't just count on people being fair. I'd support this.
I get turned on by beefed up security and LOVE more fanny-packs on the station, one of the the few truly hard to get items on Cog2. But this is going to make every cop a target. People already treat SecHQ like a public corridor, now they are going to wreck the place just to try and steal the gear.

Edit: Although, now that I think about it, my biggest challange playing as a guard is FINDING the suspects. With such tempting bait right next to the cell-block, you wouldn't even need to leave the office to find, catch and lock up the crocks! I dare say, I LOVE fanny-packs!
Didn't the old idea behind the belt have some kind of quick draw thing behind it where it held one weapon but you could draw it quickly with an emote?