Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add Widescreen mode option to normal play.
Maybe have a poll up about it to see how many people would benefit/like to have this.

If a majority prefer widescreen it could be worth the unbalance.
I think it'd be useful for the AI
This lets people with larger screens have an advantage. Absolutely not.
I'd say "how many people benefit from it" is not really a good thing to measure since you'd still end up fucking over the people with smaller screens, even if a minority. Making it a thing for the AI would be a neat feature tho.
If widescreen were to be more of a "thing" I might insist that I futz with the UI again.

Overlaid chat when.
i would like widescreen. this is the 21st century. right?
Surely it could be restricted to a specific size regardless of monitor size. It seems unlikely people are still using 4:3 monitors of any kind these days.
(11-24-2016, 11:10 AM)Firebarrage Wrote: This lets people with larger screens have an advantage. Absolutely not.

People with faster internet have an advantage. Block all internet connections that aren't dial up, tia
To the people who think it will give players a unfair advantage. At the state it is in right now you are right. But I'm sure they can make it work if they are given the time to work on it. I'm pretty sure I've asked this in IRC before and was told it would take a long time to do. It's not like they would just see this thread and see that alot of people want it and go "Fuck it turn it on without changing it".

Besides in this day and age whether you are on your TV or Monitor you most likely have a widescreen setup. It's only a matter of time before this change happens.
Currently I'm against this but we should do some sort of poll and see who doesn't have widescreen monitors. If it is only 1-2%... perhaps it is worth doing then.
Even if it is only 2%, that's still like five people who get screwed over by it.
(11-24-2016, 09:26 PM)Grek Wrote: Even if it is only 2%, that's still like five people who get screwed over by it.

Sometimes that's what happens, people get screwed by stuff because more people benefit from it than people who don't.
i know ss13 players are technical luddites but who doesn't have a widescreen monitor in the year of our lord 2016 lmao
Possible "Jobs" that Might find it useful to have it always enabled: Ghosts, AI's, Ghostdrones, Blobs, Anyone else of these Sorts of Jobs.

A Possible Suggestion is that it Could be made into a Genetic Power.
(11-24-2016, 11:46 PM)grumpchkin Wrote: Sometimes that's what happens, people get screwed by stuff because more people benefit from it than people who don't.

(11-24-2016, 12:53 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: People with faster internet have an advantage. Block all internet connections that aren't dial up, tia