Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Discount Dan's Merch: For Die-Hard Fans
Inspired by Dum-Dums wrappers!

This one goes out to all the junk food connoisseurs, fans of all things Discount Dan.

Through some means (either mail chutes going to a unique destination or via unmarked/specially marked? crates shipped at Cargo) players will be able to cash in empty noodle cups and empty Hungry Dan boxes for sweet, sweet Discount Dan merchandise. Discount Dan t-shirt, Discount Dan hat, Discount Dan backpack, Discount Dan flamethrower... it'd be a fun way to flaunt how you muscled through an entire cup of Devil Dan's Brimstone BBQ or two, and how it was completely worth it for the hat.

I'm not sure if it should be "rolls for random DD items per every five things submitted" or if there should be tiers of rewards based on how many DD things you send in, that determine what they send back to you.
Huh, I like this. A lot like boxtops! Maybe you can rip them off of Dans' products after consuming everything (there's a special high tech lock on each plastic bottle and paper container that detects whether or not it was consumed rather than dumped). You'd cash them in at an ATM, the ATM would give you a beacon of sorts, and you'd place down the beacon and presto! You got yourself that Discount Dan sweater you've always wanted! Then, the beacon would disintegrate. Comes with a free crate, too!
DD's c-saber: a c-saber not considered contraband which doesn't do any damages (neither stamina nor brute/bleeding). It can still be opened and closed and is provided with all the sounds from a saber!
(11-22-2016, 08:06 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Huh, I like this. A lot like boxtops! Maybe you can rip them off of Dans' products after consuming everything (there's a special high tech lock on each plastic bottle and paper container that detects whether or not it was consumed rather than dumped). You'd cash them in at an ATM, the ATM would give you a beacon of sorts, and you'd place down the beacon and presto! You got yourself that Discount Dan sweater you've always wanted! Then, the beacon would disintegrate. Comes with a free crate, too!
I like how that sounds a lot more than what I came up with, heh.

Solves the issue of dumping noodles, might even let people add the burritos to their catalogue, and it keeps other people from intercepting your hard-earned reward.
I hope this gets coded, It would be fun to forcefeed traitors discount dans, and then get sweet, sweet merch for the pleasure.
lmao
I support this idea, drink all the dans, don't die and you get prizes
Instead of a fancy lock, just imbed the trinket ticket in the food itself in true discount dans's style!
Think of like a cracker jack tattoo, except they slipped it into your burrito somewhere.
Sometimes you detect it and pull it out of your mouth sans vomit or headache, sometimes you hork it up like a space bee larva. (without damage, DD's is toxic as is)
New Z-level location: Discount Dan's Chocolate factory. Find a golden ticket to gain admittance
Here's a ticket and a lunch box. Creating custom worn items requires making all 4 directions and in each hand so maybe later.

[Image: RPwvvVv.png][Image: 9TocVQN.png]
A Discount Dan factory... Huh... That'd be cool. The air is filled with enriched MSG, with puddles of space drugs and LSD. 3D printers fabricate artificial tortillas out of god-knows-what for burritos. Large, dangerous machines create and package self-microwaving meals, and the area is filled with radiation.

Ahh, Discount Dan...
some of the items should come out branded as affordable amy, bargain ben and clearance claire in order to add more myteries to the discount dan mythos
I think you should also get some swanky furniture like this thread https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=7553
Discount Dan's Lava Lamp! Made with real lava!
Okay, a very rudimentary version of this has been implemented. You eat burritos, chew on and extricate golden tickets, and redeem those tickets at vending machines for cool rewards. Eventually, the tickets will also be found in other Discount Dan's products (meals and snack cakes, I'm thinking), and the rewards will be tiered (some vending machines will require multiple tickets). And eventually eventually, instead of redeeming those tickets for quick rewards, you can deposit them for Discount Dan points (which you can redeem for... vacations? I dunno), and become a card holding loyalty member (or something like that). All of this is very WIP and I'd love suggestions. At this moment, I'm wondering if anyone has ideas as to unique rewards vending machines could get you. Right now I just have two shirts for the Sewomatic, a donut for the snack machine, and two drinks for the soda machines.

edit: Looking over this thread again, I just realized that there was a ticket sprite all along! Expect that soon, instead of the golden zippo looking atrocity I hurriedly made.

Also, thoughts on the persistence of being a card holding loyalty member/points? I'd probably implement a cap on points/round. And obviously this would be very gimmicky stuff.
+1 to the idea of persistent cards/loyalty points, but it should not provide any real advantage obviously. Redeeming Danpoints should get you shitty tacky merchandise and also more dan food.

Dan-ticket Ideas:
PDA cart machine: Cart that just informs you on the newest Dan merchandise. 
PC data disk machine: Nobody even uses these why bother
Computer part machine: Reward module except it gives Dan's food.
Vendomat: Dan's-branded tools (wirecutter, igniter, etc). Possibly shouts adverts when triggered.
Books4U: A Discount Dan's catalogue from which you can order other goofy objects with your tickets.
Pizza Vendor: Burrito pizza. Absolutely disgusting, random reagents.
Coffee Vendor: Wired Dan's Kafe Kick. Or a nice little latte.
Paint Machine: Instantly either fixes or breaks the paint machine. More tickets increase the chance but don't make it guaranteed.
Medical Vendor: Bottles of vaguely helpful/not-entirely-poisonous reagents. More tickets give you rarer chems.
Card Vendor: Dan's stamps/pamphlets.
Gachapon Vendor: Discount Dan figures. They're just like, awful bootleg versions of existing ones, sort of melty and mispainted.