Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miner Equipment Damage Overhaul
I don't think a pick should be any more deadly than a crowbar or whatever. But the laser drill and concussive gauntlets totally should be scary murderobjects. You can't get your grubby hands on them immediately, and if someone is a dedicated enough jerk to go on a rampage with them without a good reason then they're a dedicated enough jerk to get themselves banned sooner or later anyways.
And considering the kind of deadly stuff science and even botany can make with a little bit of dedication, why shouldn't Mining be able to get powerful weapons with some work?
Well, maybe a normal/unpowered pick can do crowbar damage, but a working/powered one does a bit more damage, maybe toolbox leveled? When you think of it, they have to rip through asteroids and if a miner gets traitor, at least they can have that tool to start out with the moment they spawn, like many other people have different things to start out with. Really, if you needed to wait until you used your PDA, a pick would be an okay impromptu weapon. I mean, the detective gets a gun, scientists get chemicals, chef gets utensils, roboticist gets saws/scalpels and the miners gets some shitty picks? I think that at the very least, they should do more than they currently can. It balances things out a bit.
So what ever happened with this idea? Is it still getting considered? Too much of a pain in the ass to do?
Making the base damage of mining tools higher is pretty easy, I'll do it sometime soonish