Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
vr game suggestions
earlier in a game i played, someone was talking about the vr pods and that got me thinking, nobody ever uses vr except for the rare occasion of doing the critter gauntlet, so i thought of a couple (very shit) ideas, and encourage you guys to add on to these!

Nuke Ops Vr- basically a very compressed version of the station where nuke can take place

bomberman- one person in each corner, some coding-magic artifact that drops a pipebomb on the floor, and some indestructable/destructable walls mixed in

tbc
Sorry if this is already a thing. But adding a VR game where you practice certain game mechanics like let's say surgery. That would be neat.
I suggest adding VR training simulation. A new location in VR with surgery, chemistry, etc. with a button to start/finish the simulation (for bombs, explosive chems, etc. and mannequins that show the damages they took during the simulation when you examine them.
A doctor training simulation...

[Image: ls0QN.jpg]

Impressive as it is, we could always ditch the homage to mariocart if low on space. It gets used about once every 2 weeks. Provided it isn't used in nerd things that I'm not very up on.
security officer shooting range simulation full of those staff assistant npcs to practice on, a vr canbomb to defuse, a vr armoryvend

maybe some vr rogue cyborgs and vr ai upload turrets so ppl can experiment with ways to fuck with such opponents outside of actual emergency situations
(11-20-2016, 09:18 AM)misto Wrote: security officer shooting range simulation full of those staff assistant npcs to practice on, a vr canbomb to defuse, a vr armoryvend

A pie-throwing gallery.
I'd love to have more use for VR. It's really underused, too. Also, PLEASE! A clean-up feature that resets VR. A vote could be initiated every 5 minutes, and people vote on whether or not they want it cleaned and reset. This would help with the bloodstains that eventually cover the Thunderdome.

Another thing... VR chat. It's a chat only available to those in VR, and there could be PMs in VR as well. 

Ooh, maybe some sort of capture the flag arena with a special VR headset setting (like, if you interacted with a headset in your hand or with a pod, you could change where you spawn and what game you played) to access it. It'd be one big sort of field that had many obstacles and also there'd be two strongholds, one for Red and Blue. They'd have their flags, weapons, armor, and extra tools/gear (these would all respawn when whoever is holding the item dies. However the flags would respawn after 10 seconds, but they'd respawn IMMEDIATELY when their respective team touches it) inside the stronghold. 

Some ideas for weapons, armor, and gear could be:
  • C-Saber
  • Laser rifle
  • Hunting spear
  • Landmines
  • RPGs
  • Revolver
  • Bomb suit (immunity to explosions, 50% armor against weapons, very slowed movement)
  • Scout Jumpsuit (2x speed, no armor buffs, explosions are insta-kill no matter what)
  • Propeller hat (Cannot set off mines, 50% chance to dodge projectiles, 50% slowed movement, easily stunned)
  • Cloaker (Makes you invisible, somewhat visible while moving, cannot be invisible while holding flag)
  • Flamethrower (+50 burn to anyone cloaked, otherwise is a normal flamethrower)
  • Grenade
  • Space Lube Grenade
  • Gas grenade (Mixture of neurotoxin and sarin)
  • Gas mask
  • Stimpack
  • Magic sandals
  • Forcefield generator (Cannot use near either stronghold, makes a 3x3 forcefield that stops projectiles but the user cannot move, and explosions destroy the shield)
I'd love a CTF game in VR, especially if a lot of people played. You would respawn after 20 seconds of death, and as soon as you died your corpse and gear disappeared (but not the blood!) 

Of course this is a massive post and thing to implement, so I think that a large enough portion of the community would have to want this before it's implemented. Maybe.
I mean you don't want to make it too enticing, because otherwise people would do everything in VR and just stand around like assholes in goggles, seeing as there isn't really a difference between VR and 'real' given that it's already a video game.
(11-22-2016, 07:37 AM)Xenonia Wrote: I mean you don't want to make it too enticing, because otherwise people would do everything in VR and just stand around like assholes in goggles, seeing as there isn't really a difference between VR and 'real' given that it's already a video game.
Fair point... I can definitely see people never leaving VR and that leading to Antags roaming the station and stabbing anyone in VR. Maybe there should be some sort of timer or buffer for VR.

Also if VR really does become insanely popular, people will have to wait their turns. They can do that by just doing stuff ingame outside VR. It'd really be nice to have some more stuff to do in VR, especially on LLJK1. 

Any other ideas on how to balance out a big super cool thing in VR like capture the flag death arenas to make it so that people actually play the game and not VR?
(11-22-2016, 07:47 AM)aft2001 Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 07:37 AM)Xenonia Wrote: I mean you don't want to make it too enticing, because otherwise people would do everything in VR and just stand around like assholes in goggles, seeing as there isn't really a difference between VR and 'real' given that it's already a video game.
Fair point... I can definitely see people never leaving VR and that leading to Antags roaming the station and stabbing anyone in VR. Maybe there should be some sort of timer or buffer for VR.

Also if VR really does become insanely popular, people will have to wait their turns. They can do that by just doing stuff ingame outside VR. It'd really be nice to have some more stuff to do in VR, especially on LLJK1. 

Any other ideas on how to balance out a big super cool thing in VR like capture the flag death arenas to make it so that people actually play the game and not VR?
God, I can imagine what would happen if VR was actually super fun and cool but there was only like, two pods and no headsets.

You could make playing VR cost cash to play? Or special tokens that Heads can pass out for good behavior
(11-22-2016, 07:47 AM)aft2001 Wrote:

VR? Popular? Have I entered some kind of parallel universe where the place isn't a virtual ghost town every round? I think you might be counting your eggs before the eggs even exist, here.