Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spaced Rum broken?
Had to spacewalk from escapewing to the top of the shuttle to get in. Drank most of a bottle of Spaced Rum before setting out, still suffocated/froze to death. Rather dissapointed. Please look into if Yobihodazine stopped functioning properly.
Okay, there was something about this on the old boards. Basically, here's how I heard it explained.

Space does several kinds of damage at once. There's cold, suffocation, and vacuum. There might be a fourth type, or maybe I'm crazy and it is actually just fundamentally bugged out.

Cold is fixed via Leporozine, which stabilizes your body temperature while in your system.

Dexalin/Dexalin Plus deals with the suffocation.

I think Yobi is supposed to deal with vacuum (zero-pressure environments are bad for you for obvious reasons).

Basically, you only did one of the three steps to spacewalking unharmed. Also, you'll still get hurt by space (slowly) because it does some kind of fourth damage type that you can't avoid without a suit. I think. Or maybe the Yobihodazine actually is broken and I'm just talking out of my ass.
I used to do a spacewalk from chemistry to the geneticist, and watch him/her freak out about me being a changeling, only using yobihodazine, without a problem. I'm pretty sure it got broken about the time of the smoke nerf
I'm pretty sure it was nerfed a little before/after the switchover to mushroom station. I hadn't used it except occassionally before that, so maybe it was unnerfed(wrong word?) and then broken again with the smoke nerf?

Either way, leporazine and internals generally do the trick now.

IDK what you mean by vaccuum; if you're on a space tile, you just take massive continuous burn damage and it'll kill you if you stay on it too long.
btek Wrote:IDK what you mean by vaccuum; if you're on a space tile, you just take massive continuous burn damage and it'll kill you if you stay on it too long.

Unless you have any sort of headgear on.
btek Wrote:I'm pretty sure it was nerfed a little before/after the switchover to mushroom station. I hadn't used it except occassionally before that, so maybe it was unnerfed(wrong word?) and then broken again with the smoke nerf?

Either way, leporazine and internals generally do the trick now.

IDK what you mean by vaccuum; if you're on a space tile, you just take massive continuous burn damage and it'll kill you if you stay on it too long.

I'm pretty sure vacuum exists. It's not a lot of damage, but I'm sure it exists. Now that I think about it, maybe that's the burn damage you get without a hat on. I know there's a third damage that space does because, if there wasn't, taking Leporazine and Dexalin should save you from all the damage space can do, but you still take slow damage if you have no internals. I think Yobi is supposed to/used to completely save you from it, but now it either does very little or absolutely nothing.

Or maybe I'm crazy and I came up with all this nonsense on my own and attributed it to things people have said. All I know is, with Dexalin Plus, Yobi, and Leporazine in my system I could barely make the walk to the airlock above disposals, and I wasn't getting a suffocation warning or cold damage.
So like 2 days ago I drank a shot of Space Rum and ran around in space just fine for a while. Then a dude esworded me, but that's not the point. Worked just fine. I don't remember if I had internals on, I usually do but I was a traitor that round and was pretty busy so maybe not, but it definitely works for at least the cold damage.
Spaced Rum works as intended by allowing you to not suffocate in space as long as you can deal with the magical space damage/freezing to death.