Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What did the T.U.R.D commandos look like?
After looking at the discontinued jobs, I was curious to what the commandos look like. I assume the NT mercs are the same as the elite sec picture in jobs. Just curious if the T.U.R.D.S were different looking.
They looked like turds
^^^^^
I think they just had the NT gear you see lying around?
Hey so i got a T.U.R.D helmet as my trinket. and it looks like a black space helmet with flames on it
(11-18-2016, 05:44 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Hey so i got a T.U.R.D.S helmet as my trinket. and it looks like a black space helmet with flames on it

Well that explains why they went under -- there weren't any dirtbikes.
I think we ought to have T.U.R.D.S NPCs using roughly the same AI package as SA NPCs. Practically the same experience.
I still have the old assets laying around somewhere, I'll take a look if nobody else comes up with them.
They wore the Tactical Turtleneck except the pants were blue iirc.
well i did a bit of code diving in the release and found the old spawn code

var/obj/item/device/radio/R = new /obj/item/device/radio/headset/security(user)
user.equip_if_possible(R, user.slot_ears)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/clothing/glasses/sunglasses(user), user.slot_glasses)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/clothing/gloves/black(user), user.slot_gloves)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/clothing/head/helmet/turd(user), user.slot_head)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/clothing/shoes/swat(user), user.slot_shoes)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/clothing/suit/armor/turd(user), user.slot_wear_suit)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/clothing/under/misc/turds(user), user.slot_w_uniform)
user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/storage/backpack(user), user.slot_back)
// user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/gun/fiveseven(user), user.slot_in_backpack)
// user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/gun/shotgun(user), user.slot_r_hand)
// user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/gun/mp5(user), user.slot_l_hand)
// user.equip_if_possible(new /obj/item/ammo/a57(user), user.slot_in_backpack)
//var/obj/item/implant/sec/S = new /obj/item/implant/sec(user)
//S.implanted = 1
//S.implanted(user)
//S.owner = src
//user.implant.Add(S)

gimme a sec to open up dreammaker and i can get the assets for you.

EDIT:they might look like this[Image: s3t4b6.jpg]

seems the turd armor was deleted from the code though. closest thing i could find to the armor is this https://i.snag.gy/RMAiyp.jpg
I can't exactly remember, but the armor may have possibly been a recolored heavy armor.

I remember it looking terrible though.
What did they even do?
in theory, killed traitors and kept sec in line, in practice, be corrupt as fuck and abuse their power for BEATING CENTRAL BABY!
They were meant to replace the elite security. After that went as well as you would expect they released the revamped head of security job we all know and love.
Think Terminator meets Eric Cartman.